Healthy Eating = Heartburn?

Options
zaftiggirl
zaftiggirl Posts: 82 Member
I have WAY more heartburn when I'm eating healthier (which, to me, means 160-180g lean protein, moderate carbohydrates, 2-3 servings of fruits and vegetables a day and mostly healthy fats). I'm an 80/20 "clean eating"/IIFYM eater. So much jargon. :smile:

I'm poppin' tums on the weekly.

Has anyone else had this experience? I'm starting to think it's either a liver/gallbladder problem, or perhaps a gluten issue?

Replies

• mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've noticed this myself but it is easily combated by drinking extra water. In fact, I don't need to take Zantac anymore as a result of drinking more fluids.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    sometimes its the water that gives me heartburn. I can't drink straight water in the AM just for that reason.
  • croooz
    croooz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I would switch the Tums for Betadine HCL. Too little stomach acis has the same symptoms of too much stomach acid and most people suffer from too little stomach acid and take Tums making it worse. My wife is one. The HCL provides relief...eventually...but you have to take it long enough for your body to begin producing more HCL acid.
  • pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm eating healthy and I have been using tums like crazy!?! I wasn't expecting that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!