please help idk what to do

Options
standoug888
standoug888 Posts: 126 Member
eating between 1300-1500 trying to get to 1800-2000 I weigh 233 and am 6ft 22 yrs old but when I eat 1300-1500 Its hard to get there im trying to add food but idk what too add when im eating 1300-1500 im stuffing my self i have no clue what to eat that's healthy to get to 1800 im eating chicken fish veggies fruits brown rice everything healthy i can think of and i cant get to my calorie goal i need help im so frustrated idk what to do

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Fats. Nuts/nut butter, avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, ice cream, butter, and full fat dairy.
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    just pour olive oil on everything. also dont be so strict if you need to meet your macros and tdee
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Add a smoothie a day to your diet. Include stuff like banana and peanut butter.
  • standoug888
    Options
    Fats. Nuts/nut butter, avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, ice cream, butter, and full fat dairy.

but wont the ice cream have too much sugar?
  • sarahsmom14
    Options
    I've been snacking on roasted unsalted nuts. You can pick up extra calories there without any salt.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

but wont the ice cream have too much sugar?

nah.
  • standoug888
    Options
    Add a smoothie a day to your diet. Include stuff like banana and peanut butter.
    Thank you I just added this to my food for tomorrow I added it to my breakfeast and it put me up there im putting in 200g of strawberries 40g of bananas and 2tbsp of pb thank you
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    why are you worying about sugar op if you are having trouble meeting your calorie goals
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Steak, pork, eggs, ribs, potatoes, (yes ice cream), sunflower seeds, cheese...I could go on and on.
  • efg311
    efg311 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    chia seeds, olive oil, peanut butter, avocado....
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    peanut butter!
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Naturally More Almond Butter. Tuna Salad, Chicken salad ... homemade. Add in some Whey Protein powder if you need unless you are like me and inept at all things kitchen, I buy Protein Shakes. (Not for all the hype but because I really am not allowed in the kitchen, lol) You can get some really great stuff at Krogers or Target. Good luck.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    why are you worying about sugar op if you are having trouble meeting your calorie goals

Yet another "victim" of the arbitrarily low MFP default for sugar.

OP, barring any medical reasons to the contrary, staying under your sugar "limit" is very far down the priority list...way behind hitting your total calories, and protein/fat minimums.
  • kavanaghev
    kavanaghev Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm always blown away by these posts. I eat really healthy, whole foods and I'm still CONSTANTLY struggling to hit under 1800. How are people stuffing themselves on less?! I am so jealous!! I have to go to bed after dinner just so I don't start planning second dinner.

OP, maybe a slice of havarti cheese?
  • standoug888
    Options
    OP, barring any medical reasons to the contrary, staying under your sugar "limit" is very far down the priority list...way behind hitting your total calories, and protein/fat minimums.
    ok so I shouldn't worry too much about sugar? im usally good on my fat goals but on my protein im usually over by like 20-50g
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ok so I shouldn't worry too much about sugar? im usally good on my fat goals but on my protein im usually over by like 20-50g

In my personal opinion...(and it's just that, my opinion)...I wouldn't worry about the sugar level. As for fat and protein, I personally believe a good fat minimum is 0.35g/pound of body weight and protein minimum is 1g/pound of lean body weight. After that, where the remaining calories fall is (mostly) inconsequential.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I'm always blown away by these posts. I eat really healthy, whole foods and I'm still CONSTANTLY struggling to hit under 1800. How are people stuffing themselves on less?! I am so jealous!! I have to go to bed after dinner just so I don't start planning second dinner.

This.

Try peanut butter OP. :)
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

Me, too!! Except for the eating healthy part. Well, I eat mostly healthy food...but yeah, staying under 1800 is a real challenge for me as well.

OP, nuts, nut butters, avocado, olive oil or coconut oil...lots of add ins can help you increase your calories.
  • courtneyknudsen2
    Options
    LOL I was thinking the same thing.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

I can't eat 1800 normally. When I really try I can.. I even plan by days to hit around 1600, but always end up less. didn't even hit my "rest day" calorie goal today.. but i'm stuffed.