Happy Birthday to Me - From Morbidly Obese to Healthy (Pics)

Options
Well, I was debating whether or not to post yet because I am not at my goal but I am getting so close. But many of my MFP friends told me I should be celebrating and share it with everyone. Today I turned 36 and gave myself the best present a girl could ask for...I am in a healthy bmi range for the first time in my adult life. Last March (2012) I was weighing in at a hefty 280lbs and on my 5'5" frame was considered morbidly obese and as of today, I weigh 148lbs and am in a healthy BMI weight range. I still have 18lbs left to lose to meet my goal but the light is getting so gosh darn bright at the end of this tunnel, I may need to put on some sunglasses.

What makes this sweeter for me is that I had a rough start to the year and gained about 13lbs throughout January and February but buckled back down in March because I was not going to slip back into my old clothes and in April started my 2013 !0 Week Reboot Challenge and have dropped 20lbs so far (7 pounds more than I gained). I could have given up but I didn't. And you know what helped besides all the wonderful friends here and people inspirational stories? Not having fat clothes to slide back into; I had been getting rid of all my fat clothes along the way and when my skirt gave me muffin top I knew I had to get my act together because I was not buying new big clothes, no way!!! So purge those closets as you go, ladies and gents.

I'm going to keep this short and just post some pictures now and the rest of my story I will save for when I finally reach my goal...only 18lbs to go (it still feels weird to say that). Oh, and the other gift I got myself for my birthday, a little black dress because every woman needs one, lol!

Starting weight: 280lbs (March 1, 2012)
Current weight: 148lbs (May 13, 2013)
Loss so far: 132lbs
Goal weight: 130lbs
Height: 5'5"

Picture on the Left 280lbs (January 2006) and Picture on the Right 148lbs (today)

d4c61cfd-ac7d-4c51-871e-02a7776cd3f9_zpsaa1c0436.jpg

Replies

• alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Lovely one -- I think you mean that your current weight is 148 (not 248). :-)

So proud -- and lucky -- to have you as an MFP friend.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Remarkable! You look fabulous!
  • Shalini_15
    Shalini_15 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Superb!!! You are truly so inspiring... How did you do it?? You must be super proud of yourself...Congratulations...You deserve a huge party :) Happy B'Day :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, and Congratulations! You look wonderful!
  • jynckz
    jynckz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! We are on the same path and seeing how far ahead you are makes me want it even more!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!
  • atuchon
    atuchon Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely amazing! You should be so proud of yourself! You look fantastic!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! So stylish, classy, and oh yeah... Slim!
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You should be so proud. And you look AMAZING!!!
    :drinker:

ETA: And Happy Birthday!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • KristysLosing
    KristysLosing Posts: 683
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for the bit of inspiration tonight and congrats to you! I am 5'7" and started at 292. I see you and how awesome you look, and it reminds me that I can look beautiful too!! :flowerforyou:
  • goldiejoe
    goldiejoe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! This is a wonderful accomplishment. You are rocking that LBD! Congratulations!
  • jelkins2000
    jelkins2000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation! Thank you so much for sharing. It is truly motivational for someone like me who still has a long way to go! You look amazing!
  • davali20012002
    Options
    You are a real inspiration!!! I have lost 62 pounds and have another 60 to go - more than half way to goal!!!!! Thanks for the boost to keep going!!!!!! Amazing!!! I am 57 and feel that you are so blessed to have done this so young!!! It took me a long time to figure it all out but now I am moving forward. Thanks for sharing your awesome story!!!!
  • efg311
    efg311 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is wonderful! I love MFP :)
  • 1234suroor
    1234suroor Posts: 41
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Congratulations your story is incredibly inspirational. So proud of u
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday and what a wonderful way to celebrate...by motivating others! I began this journey at 267 at some point last year...got on MFP seriously as of Jan. 1...and now - I've lost 31 lbs this year. However, I am a long way from where you are...but seeing your progress...just really helps me to visualize the success! Your dress is fabulous....
    wishing you continued success and lifetime of health thanks to your diligence.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    God damn look at that figure!
  • angee1126
    angee1126 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Very inspiring!!! :flowerforyou:
  • libbybond
    libbybond Posts: 36
    Options
    Bow wow!
  • doronajay
    doronajay Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Congrats to you. I love that dress, too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!