do you think it is possible?

Options
so i want to lose 38 pounds by sept 2013 do you think this is possible? also if you have any advice for me about getting to my goal weight that would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    possibly
    but it took me- 4 months to lose 21 pounds but people are different
    and u might only lose a pound a week
    as for advice
    s tay under daily calories
    do 60 minutes of cardio a day
  • idontknowkinda
    Options
    That would be almost 2.5 pounds a week, so it's technically possible but probably not the healthiest for you. Just keep track of what you eat and exercise regularly.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Highly unlikely. One pound a week would be a more realistic goal.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Considering that you don't have -that- much to lose, it is highly unlikely.
  • peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be as concerned with the scale vs measurements. Focus on strength training, both your own body weight exercises and weights! :) G/L
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It won't be easy, but it is possible. If you are highly motivates, and want a little financial incentive to stay on track, check out DietBet. This has really helped keep me motivated. I'm down 34 pounds since the beginning of the year. The last 11 pounds are going to kill me, though.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    If you are starting really obese, yes, if not, it will be damn near impossible.
  • ask2011
    ask2011 Posts: 8
    Options
    I wouldnt say im obese but i have lost the weight before and i gained it back unfortunately. i started eating super clean i cut out all processed foods and i exercise 6 days a week.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    If your ticker amount of 47lb puts you at a relatively lean bf%, then I find it highly unlikely you could manage that amount by the date you specify. Weight loss slows as you get leaner, you may find the first 10-15 lbs easily manageable, after that however maybe not.

It doesn't hurt to try though, worse case is you lose a fair amount by your goal date, and you get much fitter through the exercise.
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It is possible, but don't be discouraged because not matter what happens on the scale your healthier eating and exercise habits will have a positive impact on your health.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Only if you have far enough to go. OR if you're willing to diet diet diet and not go for a slower, easier weight loss. In addition, it's important that 38 pounds is a realistic weight that's in the middle of your healthy BMI range or equivalent).

I lost that much - frankly, it took a lot of persistance, but it wasn't 'hard'. But it wasn't linear. I was 35 pounds overweight and lost 30 of those in 30 weeks. It's taken more another 28 weeks to lose the next 5, but I lost a LOT of inches during that time when weight loss was slow.

I looked SO much better after 18. I looked WAY WAY better when I lost 25. I was thrilled when I hit 35. And now I want to up it and lose another 10. I may - I'm still logging and very happy with how things are going.

Even if you don't make it the whole way you'll look and feel better. And exercise hard while you do it and you will look fantastic.
  • ask2011
    ask2011 Posts: 8
    Options
    thanks for the support:) i know i can do this and even if i dont lose all of it by sept yall are right i will look and feel better no matter what i actually have till december too lose it all but i was hoping i could lose most of it or all of it by sept which is my 21ST BDAY!!! :)
  • cbkb1234
    cbkb1234 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    it's totally possible!!!!! you just need some super dedication to losing weight! like hardcore diet/healthy eating and working out religiously, like 2 times a day 6 days or 5 days a week and a lot of weight lifting! If you have the money get a nutritionist and a person trainer