Chocolate Avocado Pudding - can't taste the avo (179 cals)

Options
gmallan
gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
I made this recipe last night. Really simple and quite rich and indulgent. I love avocado anyway but you can't taste the avocado in recipe anyway.

http://thischickcooks.net/2012/06/01/chocolate-avocado-pudding-for-non-avocado-and-avocado-lovers/

The recipe serves 2 people and I calculated it as 179 calories per serve, 9g of carbs, 12g of (good) fat and 5g of protein.

I used 100g of avocado, Queen sugar free maple syrup and lite milk

Ingredients

1 avocado, soft and ripe
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup grade b maple syrup
6 tablespoons milk (coconut, cow or any type of milk you prefer)
Instructions

1.Cut avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop out flesh and put in in the blender along with remaining ingredients.
2.Process until smooth, occasionally scraping down sides. Serve immediately or refrigerate until you're ready to serve.

Replies

• PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Bump
  • Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Will try!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    bump especially as it is dairy and g/f.
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Tried this last week. Scrumtrulescent!
  • gmallan
    Options
    bump especially as it is dairy and g/f.

Hadn't thought about the fact that it was dairy or GF as neither of these are a problem for me. Just that it's healthy and delish :)
  • curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Any chance I could do this by hand? Would it come out too lumpy?
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I hate to say that the calorie count is off. I calculated it to be 263 calories when I used the MFP recipe calculator. Same recipe. Serves two people. =(
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    yep, 225cals how I do it.

http://cdnutritionandfitness.com/chocolate-mousse-avocado-5p5c19f/

It is freaking delicious!

I used a hand electric blender and it worked fine.
  • deegeyspazms
    deegeyspazms Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy - gonna try it - thanks for sharing!
  • gmallan
    Options
    I hate to say that the calorie count is off. I calculated it to be 263 calories when I used the MFP recipe calculator. Same recipe. Serves two people. =(

Did you use the same quantity of avocado? Also could be differenct cocoa powders (mine was nestle). Also I used sugar free maple syrup so if you used regular that would probably make a difference. The only other thing I could think of is that the entry for avocado I used was off. This is what my entry looked like

Generic Australian (Foodstandards.Gov.Au) - Avocado (Raw), 100 g 206 1 21 2 3 4
    Nestle - Cocoa Powder, 4 tbsp 60 12 2 4 8 0
    Queen - Vanilla Essence, 5 ml 13 0 0 0 0 0
    Queen - Maple Flavoured Syrup Sugar Free, 70 ml 36 0 0 0 0 152
    Woolworths Homebrand - Lite Milk, 90 ml 43 4 1 3 0 36
  • gmallan
    Options
    Any chance I could do this by hand? Would it come out too lumpy?

I think you could do this especially if the avocado was very ripe and a little soft to begin with
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Bump to try - certainly an interesting combination!
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options

Did you use the same quantity of avocado? Also could be differenct cocoa powders (mine was nestle). Also I used sugar free maple syrup so if you used regular that would probably make a difference. The only other thing I could think of is that the entry for avocado I used was off. This is what my entry looked like

Generic Australian (Foodstandards.Gov.Au) - Avocado (Raw), 100 g 206 1 21 2 3 4
    Nestle - Cocoa Powder, 4 tbsp 60 12 2 4 8 0
    Queen - Vanilla Essence, 5 ml 13 0 0 0 0 0
    Queen - Maple Flavoured Syrup Sugar Free, 70 ml 36 0 0 0 0 152
    Woolworths Homebrand - Lite Milk, 90 ml 43 4 1 3 0 36

I used real maple syrup. That can totally account for the difference. Avocados calorie counts are all over the place on MFP so I chose a medium Haas Avocado.

By the way, it tastes better the next day once the coco has had a chance to soak into the avocado.
  • shelbielmiller
    shelbielmiller Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing! I need to try it!
  • bridgjones75
    bridgjones75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds good
  • Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Will it work if i mix it with a fork? And use honey instead of maple syrup? or fake maple syrup?