Logging exercises

Options
Hi,
So today I jogged like normal and straight after the jog I decided to do Les Mills combat training but on the app, there is no option to log it so I logged it under martial arts. Is this the right category or does real martial arts training burn more calories? How do I log the various exercises that the Les Mills combat program offers?
Many thanks in advance,
-VHK

Replies

• Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I knew an obese black belt in real martial arts so it depends on how much you're moving.
    I know that wasn't helpful at all but just thought I would share that tidbit. Kudos to her though!
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer either, but sincerely suggest getting a heart rate monitor if you're serious about fitness and weight loss.
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've been doing martial arts for years and I'm still fat. A lot of martial arts focus on economy of movement, so you're literally learning how to use the least amount of calories possible.

Fight conditioning exercises though... that will burn calories :laugh:
  • cymro81
    cymro81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks LoisHendrikse, I have this issue too so never log my exercise! I may start doing so now.
  • jassyfresh
    jassyfresh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would consider the Les Mills Body Combat more like the "Judo, karate, kickboxing" option since it includes a lot of cardio. I know that the posters in my gym stated that the calories burned was something like 700 or so for a class. Of course it all depends on how hard you work and your weight.

When I used the database to see what MFP had for a 1 hour of "judo, karate, kickboxing etc", it said 639 calories for my wieght. So maybe its close, but I would adjust calorie intake accordingly just to make sure.
  • sarahf3092
    sarahf3092 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I just created my own exercises for Les Mills classes. If you go on their website they have info about calories burned per class