Splurging my cals on dinner?

Options
mholmes
mholmes Posts: 949 Member
I have about 150-200 cals during breakfast every morning and then my lunches are about 200-300 cals leaving me with over 1000 cals left. I'm HONGRAY so i typed in that I'd be having a cup of white rice, butter beans, and 2 5 oz breasts of chicken and I still have 440 cals for some wine to relax. Is it ok to use so many cals for dinner being the end of the day, and close to bed time?

Replies

• mholmes
    Options
    I have about 150-200 cals during breakfast every morning and then my lunches are about 200-300 cals leaving me with over 1000 cals left. I'm HONGRAY so i typed in that I'd be having a cup of white rice, butter beans, and 2 5 oz breasts of chicken and I still have 440 cals for some wine to relax. Is it ok to use so many cals for dinner being the end of the day, and close to bed time?
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    You CAN, but the way our body is designed is that the more we eat larger quantities of calories together (sit down for a BIG dinner, for example), the slower our metabolism. For best results, try to spread your calories throughout the day. I eat 1200 calories a day, and I'm able to eat every 1-3 hours and still have a satisfying dinner and small dessert. When you eat throughout the day, it speeds up your metabolism, helping you to lose weight a little faster.

However, it's OK to splurge every now and then. As long as large meals aren't a habit, you should be fine. :)
  • kimmy666
    kimmy666 Posts: 56
    Options
    mmmmmmmmm would to know myself

have read and been told its better to have your bigger meal at midday, which in our busy lifes its not always possible

i try never to eat after 7.30pm, not sure thats even early enough

:flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmm would to know myself

have read and been told its better to have your bigger meal at midday, which in our busy lifes its not always possible

i try never to eat after 7.30pm, not sure thats even early enough

:flowerforyou:

As long as your within your calories it doesn't hinder your weight loss. Some people have to eat dinner even later. So no worries:happy:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • mholmes
    Options
    Thanks! Ideally, I'd like to eat bigger lunches but I keep it to about 8 to 9 ounces of food so I can have more with dinner. I'm a night binger so having more in my belly after dinner keeps me out of the fridge. I just normally don't have THIS many cals left over (I forgot snacks today) or eat near as much as I'm planning. But thank you all for your info!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I heard to eat big in the morning- a little less for lunch- and really lite for dinner-
  • marisa0918
    marisa0918 Posts: 178
    Options
    I have always heard that it is best to spead your calories aver 5-6 meals and trying to have a protein with every meal. With that being said i do not get a chance to do that with working 12 hour days. My dinner time is usually about 9pm on days that I work, which stinks but what are you going t o do? lol