SUGAR! ARGH!!!

Options
Sid1988
Sid1988 Posts: 170 Member
i am ALWAYS over on sugar, ALWAYS. yes i eat a lot of cereal, but that is one thing i am not willing to give up, and fruit.

I don't drink soda, tea, coffee, coat any of my food in sugar, i very rarely eat sweets or chocolate bars, it's just cereal (i am a sucker for chocolate wheetos)

Has anyone noticed their weight loss stalling because of going over on sugar or has it not made any impact?

Replies

• lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well, it might be hard to stay under your goal eating a lot of cereal and fruits, but after a quick look (at just today) of your food diary, one way you can cut some sugar is to make your own salad dressing. Processed dressing (especially low-fat) can have a lot of sugar. Bananas do, too, obviously. Maybe you can choose some lower-sugar fruits?
  • doublew98
    doublew98 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    MFP's sugar targets are misleading in my opinion because I think they are based on refined (added sugar) but all sugars count towards your target (even naturally occurring sugar in fruit).

According to the UK GDA amounts, women should aim for no more than 90g a day and men no more than 120g a day.