Metal guy seeking friends

Options
Marcusin3d
Marcusin3d Posts: 17 Member
Hi,

Just wondering if there is anybody out there who is also into Metal? Please feel free to add me if you are as it would be great to hear from you and to get through this journey with people that share similar interests...at the moment I just have to share things with my dog :D

I am 34 (yes my hair really is that long in case you were wondering lol) and from the UK but would love to find friends from all over the world to help motivate and be motivated by.

Hoping you are out there! \m/

Marcus

- 21 pounds lost so far.

Replies

• docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider myself well-versed in it, but I do like System of a Down, lol.
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you approve of my taste in metal! (Opeth, Slayer, Rammstein, Metallica (old school), Fear Factory etc etc).
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    -Blind Guardian
    -Helloween
    -Iced Earth
    -Savatage
    -Megadeth
    -Iron Maiden
    -Manowar
    -Loudness
    -Therion

All rank among my top bands of all time. Feel free to add me! Also, check out W0lfstar. He posted a similar topic a while back. He's a buddy of mine. He's cool. Manowar I think is his #1 =)
  • Silvervixen79
    Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I listen to metal for running/working out, classic rock for chillin ;) add if you want.
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'll add you- metalheads need to stick together!

I like a huge range of hard rock and metal- just waiting for my Download tickets to come through.

Oh, and please don't be put of by the My Little Pony profile pic...
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've never labeled myself as Metal, but I do enjoy listening to the music. And I can say I know who at least half the people listed on above people's lists are!

I am particularly fond of Symphonic metal and would love recommendations if you have any. ;)

Anyway, it's nice to meet you and I would love to have you as a friend!
  • wildflower0872
    Options
    Does going to Reading Fest count? :-) Add me if you like! I'm in Scotland and go to gigs regularly so happy to talk weight loss or music... preferably music tho!

Fan of qotsa, lanegan, biffy, foos... loads really. Play guitar too.

Give me a shout if you want to chat :-)

Christine
  • sarahmatters
    Options
    Your hair is immense. I hope you take a few pounds into account for it when you weigh in ;)
  • kevinpruitt
    kevinpruitt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hatebreed
    Hypocrisy
    Whitechapel
    Devildriver
    Kataklysm
    Fear factory
    Celine dion :)
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I personally may have an affinity for metal... Both the kind you pick up and put down, and the kind you blast loudly while you do so. \m/
  • grumpster72
    grumpster72 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello there fellow metalhead...I love seeing the Manowar references on MFP. I'm only a few hours from their base of operations and they get little respect in the US. Currently listening to Five Finger Death Punch, Motorhead, Black Label Society, Dirty Looks, Stone Sour, and whatever else is on my current playlist. I'll try and help give you the motivation you need. Best of luck on this journey.
  • Marcusin3d
    Options
    Your hair is immense. I hope you take a few pounds into account for it when you weigh in ;)

Thanks :) I thought Id get the most out of it in case I lose it all! :D
  • Marcusin3d
    Options
    Thanks to everyone by the way. Going through a rough patch and this is really helping knowing you are all out there :) \m/
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Hermione-Raising-Hand_zpsd1d93d18.gif
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Not into metal but into long hair :wink: Yours is awesome.
  • Pamella513
    Pamella513 Posts: 72
    Options
    Metal Chick here. Disturbed, Stone Sour, Slipknot, AIC, old Metallica, Sabbath, Rollins Band, Rammstein. Also a fan of punk.

Love your hair!

Feel free to add me if ya need a support.
  • labtech666
    labtech666 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like.
    I'm a massive fan of Iron Maiden and also love Rammstein. Can't wait for Download! \m/
  • mylittletribe
    Options
    Personally, I'm rather eclectic when it comes to this... been there, done that, liked some of it, hated a lot of it, prefer more of a jam band vibe for every day listening, but metal has its place. The boyfriend subjects me to a LOT of hardcore, most of which I really can't name.. Hatebreed? Strength For A Reason? I think those sound familiar. But if I'm looking, it's old school Metallica and NIN which really isn't metal is it? I don't care, I still love it.
    He is dragging me to Mayhem fest this summer where I'll surely be nothing more than a really expensive cell phone holder while he gets ragey in the pit.

Oh, and my 9 year old just got his first guitar and amp for his birthday. He worships Tom Morello.
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    I personally may have an affinity for metal... Both the kind you pick up and put down, and the kind you blast loudly while you do so. \m/

^Me too. You can add me, if you want.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Love that!