Sugar

I have a question about sugar.

When I made the decision that I wanted to lose some weight, I minimized the carbohydrates and refined sugar.

I used to eat a ton of pasta and bread- I'd eat pasta meals 3-6 days a week and also a lot of ice cream,etc.

I never used to gain weight from this until recently (heck, I never even owned a scale). So, now I am trying to lose/maintain my weight so as to prevent going above.

I eat a little bit of carbs still, maybe a piece of whole wheat toast a day,etc., one pasta dish a week, etc.

But I was successful in cutting out all the junk food! I cut out the sugary coffee drinks I used to drink , the ice cream, etc. The only sugar I am consuming is from fruits, I eat several fruits throughout the day.

I lost a little weight in the beginning, but for the past couple of weeks, I was kind of stuck at a number that wasn't budging no matter what I did.

But last night I had a few tablespoons of ice cream! Maybe an ounce or two. (it was good!)
and this morning, my weight finally moved down a notch. I was wondering if it could have been from the sugar in the ice cream?

Also to note is that I hiked 9 miles over the weekend, and I walked 1 mile after dinner (before the ice cream) at a leisurely pace. When I weighed myself over the weekend and before I went to bed last night, I was still the same weight. It wasn't until this morning that the scale moved down.

Replies

• loves86
    loves86 Posts: 88 Member
    I always find its best to weigh myself in the morning, because then I haven'tr had food/fluids yet. But regardless of when you weigh yourself make sure you do it at the same time each and every time you weigh yourself so its consistent.

Also, regarding the weightloss, maybe mixing it up and going over your calories, or eating something out of the norm got you out of the plateau you were in. That is what usually helps me, its kinda like confusing your body, because your body can get use to what you are giving it, and changing it up a bit can help it!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,147 Member
    Weight loss isn't linear, but it more than likely the 9 mile hike that broke your stall. (from eating too much) It wasn't the icecream, it was movement. Do you count calories?
  • bluethreads
    bluethreads Posts: 6 Member
    I have started counting only since yesterday when I joined this site. I am fairly certain I had not been eating too much within the last 3 weeks.