Success! 78lbs Lost - Comparison Pics

Options
zoukeira
zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
Starting Weight - 198lbs / 89.9kg
Current Weight - 120lbs / 54.5kg
Height - 5'4" / 164cm

Time taken to get to goal - almost 3 years!!

Background: I was fat as a child and as a teen, I lost a bit of weight in my final year of highschool, but put it on and then some after I finished breastfeeding my son, born 2005. I thought I had a big frame and nothing I did seemed to make me lose weight.

beforeafterside_zps359437e0.jpg
beforeaftermotueka2_zps00256dd0.jpg

In June 2010 I went to a dance class with a friend and within a few months I was hooked, dancing 4/5 times a week meant I lost my first 14kg over a year, without really having to try (it wasn't just the exercise, as a spin-off of taking early evening dance classes I was also frequently missing my evening meal and late night social dancing meant I often wasn't snacking on junk all evening long)

Formerly married to a personal trainer I was familiar with the gym, and with working out, it just hadn't worked for me in the past, but after sticking around 76kg for awhile I began seeing a PT in 2011 and lost 6kg over 6 months. I also started taking a little more notice of what I was eating, I had always eaten healthy meals, but my portion sizes and snacking were out of control. Returning to university in February 2012 meant I wasn't able to afford seeing my PT and between February and May 29th 2012 I put on 2kg.

In June I went on new medication and was told to expect to put on 15-20kg. That COULDN'T happen! I had come so far and never wanted to go back. So I downloaded MFP and started counting calories. In October 2012 I started (and completed) 30DS and the results were so amazing I've been exercising ever since, mostly strength training but for good measure I added in half marathon training and some 10K+ runs (injury from a recent car crash has meant I've had to postpone my half marathon which I was due to run in 2 weeks).

Long story short, watching what I eat, knowing what I weigh (I weigh-in a couple of times a month now, before I NEVER weighed myself) and getting more active even when I don't feel like it gave me the results above. I found exercise that worked for me - dancing and You Tube videos (BeFit and Fitness Blender are my favourites) are my staples. Importantly I also ATE ENOUGH because I found that eating less than 1400 calories a day stalled my weightloss for months at a time.

I hope this helps someone! Eat less (but not too little), move more and be accountable.

Replies

• ClaireSmith811
    ClaireSmith811 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look amazing!
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    You look great! Well done !
  • TheGreatYaYa
    TheGreatYaYa Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!!!

9767169.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!! Congrats on making a lifestyle change. You look great!!!
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Wonderful transformation! you look great!
  • moby_chick
    moby_chick Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You were pretty before - now you are stunning! And thank you, your advice helps a lot. :smile:
  • Cognito1025
    Cognito1025 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look like a different person. Congrats.
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!!
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    You are a HOTTIE!!!! Good job!
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    well done! you rock!
  • misstilley12
    misstilley12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    WOW! you look amazing!! such an inspiration and similar stats to me I am 5ft 4 and my starting weight was 197lbs and seeing your after pics is a big big motivation for me :D thank you for posting them, I am at 158 lbs at the moment and cant wait to be your size :D xxx
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • moniekske1979
    Options
    Wow well done, you look just great!!
  • skittlebutts
    Options
    You're my hero!! We are around the same heigh and same start weight. Hopefully I can get there too and look that amazing! Go girl!
  • skittlebutts
    Options
    You're my hero!! We are around the same height and same start weight. Hopefully I can get there too and look that amazing! Go girl!
  • MrsBiscoe
    MrsBiscoe Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! you look amazing.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Get it Girl!
  • maggiecosmo
    maggiecosmo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • jlbost
    jlbost Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!