Hello from...

Options
helenjn
helenjn Posts: 24 Member
Hi, I'm Helen. I'm 25, from Melbourne (Australia). I'm not entirely new to this site - I lost about 7kg here 2 years ago but since then, due to life's turmoils, I've thrown it all back on, and then some.
So after months of watching my clothes slowly get tighter, developing some rolls that were never there before, and some embarrassingly poor efforts in general exercise...today I admitted to myself it was time to do something about it, or continue to stack on weight and buy a whole new wardrobe to hide my body. Sad, I know, and not altogether uncommon.
My plan? To reintroduce exercise to my life through the 30DS (I've done this once before) and try and start jogging (I've always wanted to but lack the confidence). I'm generally a healthy eater when on my own but here are my problems:
1) I rarely say 'no' so when I'm invited out for dinner/cake/high-calorie indulgence I feel like I am neglecting my friends if I decline
2) I don't like fruit
3) I'm a biiiggg chocolate eater - it's my go-to/relax/indulge food. So tips from the MFP community on beating the cravings/alternatives would be great
4) I reeaallly love cooking - specifically baking, and sweets or desserts at that! So somehow I'm going to have to start giving away my efforts, I think!

Anyway, I'm looking for some friends/support out there, who are willing to keep me accountable. I work a pretty intense job that can see me doing big hours, but it's not hard to fit in the 30DS.
The stats: I'm 158cm/5ft2in and currently *gasp* 76.1kg (that's the heaviest I've ever been). In terms of goals, I don't have specifics but I would just like to see the measurements (except height...) decrease. It would also be nice to buy clothes a size smaller during my holiday to the US & Canada in 4 months' time.

Looking forward to hearing from you all,
Helen :)

Replies