binged please help

I'm 17 and weigh about 61 kilos. I used to have serious binging issues but its been over half a year since I have succumbed to a binge. I normally consume about 1,200 calories per day. However today I was seriously stressed about an exam tomorrow. I ended up consuming toast for breakfast, a freddo frog, a low carb bar, one thick piece of banana bread, one of those cadbury bars that have all the little roles in them, a potato, four lindt balls, two pieces of vegemite toast and three ryvitas with nutella on them.. i dont know how many calories this is and i know i may or may not gain weight but im in tears because it is mentally tearing me apart, i feel like ive failed myself and am worried i wont be able to go back to normal eating in the morning. someone please help, and no negative comments please im already feeling really down. i did go for a 5 k run/ 4 k walk but i dont think that did much. will i gain weight? what will this do to my body?

Replies

• closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    I reached my goal weight and lost 75 lbs. I quit this site and while I didnt gain much back, i found my self binging and purging. I would eat like crazy one day and then be so mad at my self the next day and wouldnt eat anything. Weight is all about numbers.. If you ate 3500 calories more than your daily limit then you will gain a pound.. I doubt you ate that much so you shouldnt gain much. I wouldnt worry. I understand being upset as every time I do the same I get pretty mad at myself. I guess when I do that I like to string together a few days of good diet and exercise to fix my mindset and get me back on track. Really focus on your diet and get is some good long runs. You will great about yourself soon enough. Good luck!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    You need to see someone, professional. You sound really distressed for a single binge, and if this is a reoccurring problem for you to cry over it - seriously go see someone..

There are plenty people on these forums that binge almost daily, and just have to push on. They see the next day, as a day to start afresh. If you are really worried, log it and see. 1200kcals a day is rather low for a 17 year old. Don't think 'I'll start again tomorrow', stand up straight now and eat properly for the rest of the day. Do a little bit of exercise, but there is no way you need to go for a 5k run just for a Freddo and FOUR Lindt Balls (that's nothing!). Go for a light walk - it may ease your mind a bit.

P.S. The age limit on here is 18, you're a little bit too young to be on here.

EDIT: I used to binge on 1200kcals too. It used to tear me up, but I just pushed on and found new ways to lose weight. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • thank you this really helped!
  • thank you! i am very distressed :( only because im worried my old habits will take over, its night time for me so theres no standing up and eating healthy for the rest of the day! not looking forward to the feeling i will have when i wake up..
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Don't let yourself dwell on it because you'll just risk another binge. Drink plenty of water and do some exercise, and eat something nutritious like some lean meat and veg. Then I would think about upping your calories to 1400-1500. You will still lose weight but won't feel deprived, then you won't be as tempted to binge
  • trentwiggly
    trentwiggly Posts: 74 Member
    thank you! i am very distressed :( only because im worried my old habits will take over, its night time for me so theres no standing up and eating healthy for the rest of the day! not looking forward to the feeling i will have when i wake up..

Tomorrow is your opportunity to start again. Be strong. I also agree that counseling would be a good thing to help you make good choices.