Hello everyone!

Options
hi guys, so I decided to start today....again. I hope it is the last time. I need to lose 46 pounds to reach what i always thought was the ideal weight for me. I did atkins diet last September and lost 2 stone and was only 4 pounds away from my ideal weight, but we all know what those "diets" are like, so i gained back every pound and more. I need, no i want to lose weight now because of my job(student nurse) and because i want to look a little bit better when i go on my holiday in July. Any advice, motivation and support greatly appreciated.

Replies

• ndegwa
    ndegwa Posts: 169
    Options
    Hi,
    im new here and from the UK too... feel free to add me for any moral support etc!
  • bienvenuamoi
    bienvenuamoi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting up again! You have taken that first step which often times is the hardest. I too have tried and stopped before. I think this time I am doing it for real! I am fairly new to this site so this whole monitoring calories and all is a new thing. I started an exercise program on April 15 and I felt a bit overwhelmed with what I wanted to accomplish. My advice is to take it one day at a time or a week at a time. That was been working for me. And yeah we might have a bad day where we may not eat so great or might skip out on a workout but that's ok. We just need to keep moving forward. I think sometimes we let one day derail us from what we want to do. So just keep moving forward is all I can suggest. Read some of the success stories when you are feeling discouraged to remind you of why you started in the first place. And lastly, always remember that YOU can do anything you set yourself out to do!
  • acurauk
    acurauk Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks guys :) Nice to know I have some support as it is really hard to get some in the real world. i will try to do it one day at a time, because little mistakes do knock me of my way.