Hello!

Options
lors993
lors993 Posts: 12 Member
Just wanted to say a quick hello. I''ve been reading about some of the success stories and it's been really inspiring . Hopefully that will be me soon. I currently weigh 248 IBS and would like to lose 80 IBS.

This is my 2nd day using my fitness pal and I really am starving right now. I also have a 45 minute spin class later today which I'm really nervous about as at the moment I get breathless running up the stairs.

Has anyone any tips or advice to help lose weight and stay motivated?

Replies

• SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hello. First of all welcome! This is a great place to be for support and motivation. I would like to share two things with you. One, just tell yourself " one day at a tine" and two, do not be so hard on yourself. Make yourself lots of friends and talk to someone if you have to have that little bit of support!
    Best of wishes on your new journey!
  • KathyWaters682
    KathyWaters682 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The best part is that you have decided to start, just keep working at it one day at a time, it won't be easy but when you start to see your weight dropping you will start to feel a lot better.

Spin classes are really fun, just work at your own paste it's not a race to see who can go the fastest so take your time and just relax, it will be well worth the ride at the end.

Take Care
  • whitey7862
    whitey7862 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    First things first, congrats on starting, that was the hardest part for me! if you're starving eat a snack i tend to eat alot more celery and apples when im close to my limit so if i do go over my calories it isnt much. I hit 125 days of logging and im realizing that its easily more then just staying under your calorie limit, its making smart choices. for example when your hungry do you reach for the cookie or the apple? I reached for that cookie way too often before and that is what MFP has really taught me it is very much a lifestyle change not a diet....i find myself shopping smarter and everything now.

All that to say if you go over, eat something good for you. i went over 2 or 3 days my first week...you have to give your body a little time to adjust.

also is your spin class for beginners? Try to push yourself but if you try to far to fast you might get frustrated... be careful and have fun.
  • lors993
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips its nice to hear what's working for people who have been at the stage I'm at and have managed to be successful.

I'm not sure if my spin class is for beginners. There weren't any different levels however I could choose between classes lasting for 30, 45 and 60 minutes. I would have preferred the 30 minute class but unfortunatel I couldn't go to that one. I'm quite worried they'll pushe me too far but hey its better than me not pushing myself far enough.

I've been feeling hungry but not had any cravings yet. I'm just looking forward to every meal.
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Good for you for trying spinning. I've never done that.

Some days I get hungrier than others. I bring my lunch to work - actually different small things that I can nosh on during the day. That works for me better than 3 large meals - especially since I don't like breakfast. Maybe break things up into smaller meals?

Good luck!
  • lors993
    Options

Some days I get hungrier than others. I bring my lunch to work - actually different small things that I can nosh on during the day. That works for me better than 3 large meals - especially since I don't like breakfast. Maybe break things up into smaller meals?

Good luck!

I'm not much of a breakfast person either but I've been forcing myself to have a small bowl of cereal. What types of things do you have for lunch?
  • sigalsirkin
    sigalsirkin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi,

It is always hard cutting the calories. I make a big pot of vegetable soup for the week. And if I am hungry, I reach for that. It really fills you up. Also, drinking lots of water fills you too. I recommend that you start off with some lighter exercise as spinning is very intense and may turn you off exercise. I highly recommend zumba, it is a ton of fun and a great workout. Good luck with your journey.
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Good luck!

I'm not much of a breakfast person either but I've been forcing myself to have a small bowl of cereal. What types of things do you have for lunch?

I bring my breakfast to work with me. Today I have 1/4 cup dried fruit (I hate that the sugar is so high) with 1 tbl chia seeds and almond milk. The chia seeds break down in the milk cause I eat it about 2 hours after I make it. I have a greek yogurt, salad with artichokes-tomato-almonds, and a homemade cake that is made from a box cake mix and cooked down apples (that's it). In my desk I always have almonds (wasabi soy) and chocolate fiber one cereal. Those are my go-to snacks. I drink about 64 oz of water at work - I have squeeze bottles like MiO for flavoring.

I'm trying to make this work this time!!! Started a bunch of exercise challenges. Everytime I go to the ladies room I do squats, lunges, waist exercises and toe raises. My co-workers think I'm batty sometimes. On nice days I walk at lunch. I REALLY want to be able to fit into my shorts that I get out every summer and rarely wear. :)
  • lors993
    Options

Good luck!

I bring my breakfast to work with me. Today I have 1/4 cup dried fruit (I hate that the sugar is so high) with 1 tbl chia seeds and almond milk. The chia seeds break down in the milk cause I eat it about 2 hours after I make it. I have a greek yogurt, salad with artichokes-tomato-almonds, and a homemade cake that is made from a box cake mix and cooked down apples (that's it). In my desk I always have almonds (wasabi soy) and chocolate fiber one cereal. Those are my go-to snacks. I drink about 64 oz of water at work - I have squeeze bottles like MiO for flavoring.

I'm trying to make this work this time!!! Started a bunch of exercise challenges. Everytime I go to the ladies room I do squats, lunges, waist exercises and toe raises. My co-workers think I'm batty sometimes. On nice days I walk at lunch. I REALLY want to be able to fit into my shorts that I get out every summer and rarely wear. :)

Your meals sound delicious!

You know you can make it work! Just keep thinking positively and you'll be fine. I'm sure your collegues don't think your batty they'll be routing for you to lose weight.
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, Spinning is great but if your not in shape it might be rough, you never know until you try. If you need friends add me. I will gladly help & support you along the way!!