NSV: My first Spartan Race

Options
hellonheels88
hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
So I completed my first ever Spartan Race yesterday. All my MFPals are probably like "she is never going to stop talking about this" but ya know....I am very proud of myself. So I'm going to scream it from the rooftops while I can. This is my NSV. I got so consumed in how happy I've been lately with my new amazing boyfriend and moving back to my home state and with everything going on, I've fallen off the wagon big time. I haven't worked out or ran in months, put a lot of weight back on, and was VERY unprepared for this race. But I did it. So below is a link to my blog post and within that blog is a link to pics from the race. I hope I can maybe inspire someone who thinks that a Spartan Race may not be in their arena since they are out of shape. I ran this course with people of all shapes and sizes and ages. My team stopped along the way to help a lady who was obviously struggling to make it over a wall since her team had left her in the dust. I saw the most in shape guys booking it past me, obviously on a mission to come out on top, but not without shouting encouragement and "you're doing great!!" as they passed me, huffing and puffing as I walked up a hill. You can do this. You just have to believe in yourself!

Can't wait for next year! :drinker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/hellonheels88/view/i-am-a-spartan-530633

Also: I met Chris Davis!!! If you have never heard of this guy, google him in combination with the Spartan Race. Inspirational guy!! We shook hands and he said that out of his 14 spartan races, this one (the Montana one) was the hardest he's done so far. I'm just excited to say that I got to meet him!!

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • hellonheels88
    Options
    Thank you!!! :wink:
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Of course you should never stop talking about it ... you are AWESOMENESS personified! Well done pretty lady!
  • hellonheels88
    Options
    Thanks Kap!
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! I wouldn't stop bragging either!!!!!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Just bummed we didn't connect! But I'll be there next year, June 14! You can already preregister.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    THat's awesome!! This is something that I want to tackle in the future. I have to admit though - my fear of fire is the biggest thing holding me back. I don't think I can overcome a fire obstacle.

KUDOS to you!!! Well done!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    amazing!!!

and i just love what your dad said. how true :)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I am doing on at the end of June and I am a little scare because I do not feel ready for it at all, reading this gives me a little hope!!!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Holy hell great job!! :drinker:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I'm signed up for the Trifecta this summer!
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself and I look forward to joining the elite club of Spartans soon.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    GIRL, when you are done shouting it from your rooftop, come over to my house and shout it from mine!

WAY TO GO!

My husband and I just started talking about this yesterday on our trip back home from Atlanta. I think if I can get him to do a sprint he will want to finish the other two. He is very introverted and shy, so all I have to do is get him there and then I think he will take it from there.

Be proud of you cause I sure am!
  • meggolego
    meggolego Posts: 69
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!
  • jenluth
    jenluth Posts: 13
    Options
    That is great, congrats!
  • agtapia09
    agtapia09 Posts: 94
    Options
    Amazing! You are such an inspiration!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • hellonheels88
    Options
    Wow! You guys are awesome and I'm so glad I could help to inspire anyone to take on this challenge. It was very rewarding!
  • Deb_smiles
    Deb_smiles Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE!!!!! I just completed my first Spartan Race last week (in Colorado Springs). Like you, I was training for it for awhile, but then about 8 weeks before I just quit. Mainly because I was chicken. But my kids were running in the Jr. Spartan Race, so we had to go anyway. It was fantastic to watch them run! When I got there, I thought, this is stupid. I'm here. I've paid for the race (which was not cheap). So I dove in and did it. Hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Especially since I am still 50 pounds overweight. But I finished. That medal and t-shirt that I got at the end of the race are priceless to me!

So proud of you sugar! I'm sure you will never regret doing it!
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Job well done! Scream it at the top of your lungs. Be proud of what you did. You rock!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!