Most Imp weight loss tip

Options
Hi All,

If I asked you for a single most imp weight loss tip that has worked for you. What will that be ???

I am keen to learn from experiences of successful weight loss...

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,
Sophie

Replies

• Kellylicious01
    Options
    Get a food scale, measuring cups and spoons and weigh and measure all your food and track, track, track!
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Have patience; give things time to work before trying a new idea
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself 100% or else you'll binge on everything else!
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Mindset. If you don't REALLY want it, you won't get it.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    That ^.

You have to want it. No one can make you stick to the plan, and the plan doesn't matter as much as sticking to it!
  • tryskinni
    tryskinni Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    There's only one diet that works - the one that you can stick to. Figure out what that is!
  • BadgerSensei
    BadgerSensei Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Let yourself eat fun stuff once in a while (Like once a week or so.) Don't absolutely deprive yourself or you'll hate your entire existence.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Actually Eat! Do not starve yourself! Get a food scale, find out how many calories you should be eating, and actually EAT!
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine always asks people this question when they are discussing goals: "How bad do you want it?" I often think that to myself when I want to pig out or avoid the gym.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Having a positive attitude and not having high expectations when stepping on the scale has been very helpful for me. I also ditched the "all or nothing" mentality.

I don't get upset over losing "only" x amount of pounds or ounces. I don't let gains discourage me to the point where I want to quit because I know that I am not going to have a loss every week. I keep a tally of each loss and gain so I can figure out my weekly average. Looking at the overall progress instead of obsessing over minor setbacks has made a huge difference for me this time around.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    technical: Moderate calorie deficit and focus on weekly goal instead of daily
    attitude: patience and positivity
    if you don't have much to lose: inches matter more than weight
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself and be patient. Treat yourself like you treat your best friend.
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Mindset. If you don't REALLY want it, you won't get it.

I like this, and bump for motivation
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    BE AWARE....are you eating out of emotion? stress? anxiety? celebration? tradition? do you "need" it???? your mind knows what you put in your mouth, your tummy does not.....if you think you must have pizza....change your mind...your tummy won't know the differance....be aware of why/what....do you NEED it? or WANT it? and why?
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Weigh up your portions and log everything you eat/drink!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    There's only one diet that works - the one that you can stick to. Figure out what that is!

Absolutely this.
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have only been with MFP for a few days and don't have my first official weigh in until Friday. But for me in the past when I have taken off any weight it is attitude. We have all been there as far as the excuses the pitfalls the binging because we cut out all goodies etc etc I could go on and on. But when it comes down to it the most important tip is Believe in yourself..I know I have to learn to practice what I preach. I have to be sucessful this time. I have no choice Good Luck in your endeavours.....Lorrain
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Make yourself take the stairs, park as far away from the store as possible, find ways to be active.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    In your wieght loss journey dont compare yourself with others,just because your friend lost wieght in x amount of time doesnt mean you will or vice versa,you are unique with different reasons for your weight gain,your body isnt a mold,its yours and no one elses ,keep in mind good things come to those who wait.Losing wieght takes time and paitence and endurance but you can do it ,anyone can if they want and the will is there.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    protein fills me up.