Ok, perfect lunch time! LOL!

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I had a huge bowl (in fact the entire can! hehe) of Amy's Organic Chunky Tomato Bisque (The low sodium one). Man, that stuff is SOOO good!!! I put 1 serving of oyster crackers in it. And then I have a Cedarlane Couscous and Vegetables Wrap. This is a very filling and satisfying "quick" lunch. I don't like too many of the Cedarlane products but these wraps are fantastic if you can find them (Usually around the morningstar farms, amy's products)

My entire lunch was 470 calories, 10 g fat and 6 g fiber and 18 g protein.

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    I had a huge bowl (in fact the entire can! hehe) of Amy's Organic Chunky Tomato Bisque (The low sodium one). Man, that stuff is SOOO good!!! I put 1 serving of oyster crackers in it. And then I have a Cedarlane Couscous and Vegetables Wrap. This is a very filling and satisfying "quick" lunch. I don't like too many of the Cedarlane products but these wraps are fantastic if you can find them (Usually around the morningstar farms, amy's products)

• Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    TamTastic, you are perfection in a bottle darling!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good.
    I can't find those brand names in my grocery store. These small TN towns don't have a lot of vegetarian foods. :ohwell:
    BUT, I did have a really good lunch!:
    Brown rice, cooked cabbage, spicey baked sweet potatoes.
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I had sushi, in the californial roll style.... mmmmm soo good if it wasnt so expensive i would have sushi every day!!!
    290 calories

jackie
  • Fab140
    Options
    I had sushi, in the californial roll style.... mmmmm soo good if it wasnt so expensive i would have sushi every day!!!
    290 calories

jackie

Big ditto!!
  • TamTastic
    Options

Nahh, not perfection! :laugh: I Just like food and like to be satisfied so I am always figuring out new and interesting and FILLING things to try! It's whats helped me lost 90 lbs so far! Trust me, my tummy has to be happy to keep this up!! :wink:
  • Fab140
    Options

Nahh, not perfection! :laugh: I Just like food and like to be satisfied so I am always figuring out new and interesting and FILLING things to try! It's whats helped me lost 90 lbs so far! Trust me, my tummy has to be happy to keep this up!! :wink:

How much do you charge to mail the food out to me? :wink: hehe.....
  • TamTastic
    Options

You know, I have toyed with the idea of becoming like a "personal shopper" for people on here!! Between Trader Joes (which not everyone has) and these other products! MAN! That could be my career if enough people wanted my services!!! :laugh:
  • Fab140
    Options

You know, I have toyed with the idea of becoming like a "personal shopper" for people on here!! Between Trader Joes (which not everyone has) and these other products! MAN! That could be my career if enough people wanted my services!!! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just can't cook for poo! But! In one of my millions of magazines, The suggestion was to take a 7 day calendar, write out EXACTLY what the meals would be, and just shop off of that. THat way, you follow your recipes, #1, you don't buy junk, #2, and you don't OVER buy. My husband swears he will help me stick to this! lol....
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    wow tam that sounds yummy...
    better than me...
    I had an adkins shake and red peppers chopped up...
    I forgot my lunch today....:grumble:
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options

I CANNOT believe you lost 90 lbs!! That is incredible!!! You look awesome!! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kimmy666
    kimmy666 Posts: 56
    Options
    was very prepared today and just grabbed a marmite sandwich :ohwell:

will be better prepared tomorow :happy:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options

That sounds yummy! I love couscous and vegetables. I've never tried any of the Amy's soups... I will have to check those out! Thanks for the idea.

Today for lunch I had a Morning Star spicy black bean burger with one slice of 2% provolone, lettuce, and 1 teaspoon light Miracle Whip on toasted whole wheat... and some carrots. It was great, and very filling! (396 calories 12g fat)
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    90 Pounds Tam!!!! Thats the equivelent of my 13 year old daughter!!!!! and she is taller and me!!!! your fricken awesome!!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Sounds like a ton of food (and healthy)
    My biggest issue is i dislike (to put it mildly) veggies...I have since I was a kid
    Makes eating healthier/options a little tough..

Kim
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    I'm not a huge veggie fan either. I try to get them in by "hiding" them in my food. For example, add chopped spinach to an egg-white omelet w/ 2% cheese. Or stuff green bell peppers w/ extra lean ground turkey and brown rice, topped w/ tomato juice. Add sliced zuccini into a chicken teriyaki "stir-fry" (low-sodium teriyaki sauce, low-sodium chicken broth and PAM). Salsa is also a healthy and tasty way to get some veggies in - and spices up an otherwise bland food.