Losing hope...

Options
So I had a baby about 14 months ago and have lost the baby weight (45lbs), but am struggling losing any of that happy weight I put on after marriage. I need to lose about 10-15 lbs and while I'm working hard at the gym (5-6 days a week, and a 30-day squat challenge) and tracking, I seem to be falling flat. Is there something that I'm missing? I'm about ready to call it what it is and being a little overweight because at least I know how to maintain the weight I'm at now. Any suggestions?

Replies

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary, it's hard to give you any feedback if we cannot see your nutrition/meals.
  • daizmaiz
    daizmaiz Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow, 5-6 days at the gym is immense! I do maybe 3 times a week so that must be really frustrating.

Don't give up, it will all pay off in the end. Have you tried doing protein only? that really helps me when I need a quick boost.
  • mdchestnut
    mdchestnut Posts: 13
    Options
    I do not know your workout routine, but maybe you should add a high intensity work out 1 or 2 times per week. When I say high intensity I am referring to you working out at 80-90% of your maximum heart rate. Of course you are not exercising at the high intensity level the entire workout. Start with a 5 min warm up (you could go right into the workout or stretch). Then once the workout begins stay between 80-90% of your max heart rate for about 4 min, recover for 2, and repeat for 20 - 30 minutes, depending on your fitness level.

You can use a scale from 1 to 10, 1 sitting on the couch watching tv, while 10 is you running for you life. You want to be at 8-9 for the high intensity portion. You should be quite tired. as you improve it will take you less time to recover.

I have found that adding 1 or 2 of these to my workout has not only increased my weight loss but improved my overall fitness.
  • klcalliari
    klcalliari Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have almost the identical story, lost the baby 60 lbs and another 15 but have 25 left t go to get where I was before marriage. I've got a lot of suggestions exercise wise if you want to add me and we can chat, that's the side of this journey that I'm great at. The eating is my weak spot!