I finally reached a goal!

Options
aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
When I first started, I went by MFP's timeline of when I'd reach my goal weight...and of course that wasn't realistic. I set mini-goals. I wanted to reach 160 by my birthday. I almost did. I wanted to be 150 by about mid-July and 140 by end of August - or something like that. Well, once it was June and I was STILL what I weighed on my birthday, I scrapped the mini goals. I just decided my weight was going to come off in its own time. Since then, I haven't set any official goals for myself except for one that I set a month ago. Once I got back into steadily losing weight every week, I decided I wanted to lose 3 pounds by end of July so I would be out of the 160s by the time I leave for my VERY FIRST VACATION to Florida.

Well guess what today is. The last weigh in of July. The first week of July, I was 162, I thought, okay, I can lose 3 more lbs by the end of the month. The next week I lost a pound and 2 weeks after that, I didn't lose anything. I weighed yesterday...160. :O Today is my official weigh in day so I wasn't sure if I should count it...but I did! Then I got up today...stepped on the scale with the realistic notion in my head that I probably didn't lose another lb and that would be okay... but guess what I saw.

159!!! I MADE MY GOAL! The first goal I've actually REACHED this WHOLE weight loss journey. I'm really excited.

Replies

• bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • lieblingsbunny
    lieblingsbunny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, I don't have any mini goals, but I can easily understand the excitement of having wanted something, not sure you were gonna get it, and the awesomeness that it was to actually reach it!
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good for you for not getting discouraged and reverting back to the old, bad ways! Your persistence paid off! Great job!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    awesome job. You work so hard you really deserve it. Have a great time in FL.
  • AmberWilkie
    Options
    Congrats! That is a great success story you just kept with it and you won :)
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    YAY!!! :flowerforyou: That's just AWESOME, girl! Thanks for sharing your success with us. Have a great vay-K!
  • Cassandra1219
    Options
    Way to go thats awesome:)
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    So happy for you. I can't WAIT to be in the 150s. 5 more pounds for me! :bigsmile:
  • supersarah14
    supersarah14 Posts: 170
    Options
    Way to go hot mama!!!! :drinker:
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!! What an accomplishment and encouragement to others. I've been changing my goals it seems like every week. It can get overwhelming and especially when those around you are losing a lot of weight. My weight has always come off slowly. I just need to keep in mind everybody is different. We just have to keep staying under calories and exercising...the weight will come off. Hope you have fun on your vacation!!!
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!!! You've earned it and have been such a great support while you were reaching your own goals. :flowerforyou:
    Have a great time in Florida enjoying your new sassy toned curves:love:
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great way to start your holiday!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    AND I lost:

- half an inch off my waist
    - half an inch off my abs
    - half an inch off my hips

What's with the half inch trend? lol!
  • kmulhollen
    kmulhollen Posts: 54
    Options
    You are on a roll! You deserve every bit of your success :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!