Slim Fast/cleanses

Options
Lately I've lost motivation and have gained a lot of weight. I'm looking for a way to kick-start my weight loss again and I'm considering trying Slim Fast or one of those cleanses. Have any of you tried any of these? Are they successful? Worth it? Advice?

Replies

• Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Neither of them allow yourself the opportunity to learn good eating habits. Slim Fast shakes or bars are a decent meal replacement option every now and then when your only other option is fast food or a 7-11 junk stop.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    Lately I've lost motivation and have gained a lot of weight. I'm looking for a way to kick-start my weight loss again and I'm considering trying Slim Fast or one of those cleanses. Have any of you tried any of these? Are they successful? Worth it? Advice?
    You first need to define why you want to lose weight and if you're willing to do what it takes to do it. If there's any hesitation, then you may not be ready to commit. And that's what it takes commitment. No fad diets, shakes, cleanses, etc. Commitment. Once you have that, then all it takes is consistency on a moderate calorie deficit along with some exercise to help retain lean muscle.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • arberard07
    arberard07 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How do I gain that commitment if I've lost it? I had it, but it's gone.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

Go back to why you wanted to lose weight and get in shape in the first place and reflect on it.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Go back to why you wanted to lose weight and get in shape in the first place and reflect on it.

This. If you don't have the desire to lose weight, no one else can give you that. Slim Fast certainly doesn't include "motivation" as an ingredient in their shakes.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    If you lost it, you never had it. Commitments are done, when goal is finally reached. So take some time to really define why you're doing this. For health? For looks? For someone else? You may find that you're doing it for the wrong reason and that's why you didn't follow through.
    IMO, it should done for a reason you solely want on your own. Then you set a date to start and make sure you have a written plan (don't wing it) on how you're going to achieve it. That's where most fail. I have ALL my clients write down their plans of action for me so that I can assess if it's achievable. Then we do it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition