My sugar intake limit is too low!

Options
2»

Replies

• crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Do most of your sugars come from fruit and veggies? If so, then no need to worry. MFP doesn't separate Natural sugars and processed sugars. So if your sugar intake is coming from nature's skittles, then you're fine! :smile:

I am sorry to say this but all sugars have the same amount of calories. Where they differ is in amount of fiber. It's a bit irresponsible to mislead people.

I never stated anything about the calorie count in sugars. I was simply stating that there is a BIG difference between Processed sugars and sugars coming from Fruits and Veggies. Obviously you need to monitor the amount of sugar you take in, but natural sugar and processed are not separated in MFP.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    I was just about to btch about that! Im already over by 3 and its only 10am!
    All I've had was yogurt, bodywise multigrain bread with peanut butter, few slices of light cheese and a protein drink. Errrrrr
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    I changed my settings to track fiber instead....... sugar is not that important to me unless it's the processed kind.

^^^^^This!!^^^^
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry I got confused, I use twitter a lot. Apparently you are *****y a lot, you got confused and made unnecessary off topic comments that help no one. I don't have enough characters to post studies because of my twitter addiction but feel free to use google.

Since you posted the statement, the ball is in your court to provide evidence to back it up.
  • victoriousO
    victoriousO Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I hope I didn't make anybody think that fruit is unhealthy, I was just trying to keep under the sugar count for a day. After reading all the posts I will try not to get so hung up on the sugar count as long as I eat sugar from natural sources.