Calorie range-pls help!

Options
Mfp suggests I eat 1200 calories daily but I feel that's too low. As you lose weight you're gradually supposed to decrease..how can u go any lower than that? I'm 5'4 & I weigh 204lbs. Suggestions please?

Replies

• KimberlyAndrews1
    KimberlyAndrews1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The calorie calculator here is incredibly low. It said like 1300 for me...crazy low for me. There are lots of calorie calculator out there, give them a try. I tried like 5 different calculators AND even asked my doctor what my calorie limit was to lose weight and the calculators, plus my doctor all said I should eat less than around 1800 calories a day to lose weight.
  • WannaBeThin87
    WannaBeThin87 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about starting out at 1500 and seeing how that goes
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Try adjusting your weight loss goals if it is set to 2 lbs per week, try 1 lb per week and see what that does. Also remember to eat back at least some exercise cals. Check out the sticky notes for each topic to get some ideas about alternatives to the traditional MFP method if it's not working for you.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    2000 or less
    im 201 pounds
    and mine is 1800
    u might want to change the goals
    of how many pounds to lose each week
  • roaringsea
    roaringsea Posts: 7
    Options
    Your body needs to burn 3,500 calories to lose ONE POUND. So, figure out how much you are willing to work out every week, and go from there. I eat under 1,200 calories a day no problem, and I often eat quite a bit of food. It's all about finding healthy foods that are low in calories and fill you up. I recommend eating things high in protein. It helps burn fat and curbs your appetite much longer.
  • WannaBeThin87
    WannaBeThin87 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    How the heck can you eat that many calories while eating healthy? Seems impossible. Protein,Fruits, and veggies are all very low in calories.