Running NSV last night!!

Options
65svtfastback
65svtfastback Posts: 45 Member
Ran three miles without stopping last night for the first time in 15-20 years!! It is truly amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it and keep at it...a month ago I attempted jogging and did 1/2 mile and thought I was going to die!! With some help/advise from people on this site this site and some good friends I slowed down and kept at it. Last night my goal was 2.5 miles and I felt good so I kept going to 3!! It took 30 minutes, I had more energy to keep going but had yard duties to do so I stopped at 3.

Replies

• mdn15
    mdn15 Posts: 145
    Options
    That is amazing. I know the feeling... Way to go!!!!
  • cinciti
    cinciti Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC! You should be so proud! :happy:
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! I'm at 2 miles and can't wait to feel like you and hit that 3 mile mark. :happy:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I love running NSVs! Good job!
  • 65svtfastback
    65svtfastback Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! I'm at 2 miles and can't wait to feel like you and hit that 3 mile mark. :happy:

You will!! It's a pretty amazing feeling....all of a sudden the pain and fatigue go away and are replaced with strength and endurance...feels awesome!!
  • pprtvg
    pprtvg Posts: 8
    Options
    Congrats! I hear you, when I began running a couple months ago I couldn't run more than 4 minutes at a time. Last week I ran an entire 5k without walking. It's amazing knowing you can accomplish something that used to seem completely impossible :)
  • patricemeredithclarke
    patricemeredithclarke Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yess!!! It is the best when you realize you can just keep going!
  • allinoelle007
    allinoelle007 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Love this NSV! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!