Need running/30DS scheduling advice!!!

Options
For those of you who are runners and have also done 30DS, what did your schedule look like?

I'm looking for the best way to incorporate 30DS while still running. I typically run every other day, but I know 30DS will make me stronger and make my running better, so should I run less and focus on the 30DS? It's important to note that I just ran my first 5k on Sunday, and my second is scheduled for June. I'm not a super conditioned runner, so I don't want to completely back off the running.

Any suggestions or experiences would be very helpful!

Replies

• lttappenn
    lttappenn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30DS and running. I just did Day 6 Level 1 of 30DS and I run 3 to 4 days a week. I run and do the 30DS on the same day, and take about a 30 minute break after my run before I do the 30DS. I usually take 1 complete rest day per week. So far, this has been working fine for me. Let me know how the combination works for you and feel free to add me as a friend. I did my first 5k on January 1st. I currently run/walk/sprint intervals 3 to 4 days a week for 2.5 to 3 miles. I am loving it. Adding in the sprint intervals has really improved my running and it breaks up the monotony.
  • JerseyGirlinTN
    JerseyGirlinTN Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! Anyone else doing the routine?
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    run 3x a week 3 miles a run. (started with Zombie5k training several months ago) did 30ds 6 days a week during. Am on my second round of 30ds now.

Started doing both at 200 pounds.
  • laurenlhubert
    laurenlhubert Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do the Couch to 5k program M,W,F and 30DS on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am very active on the weekends, so this schedule works well for me. Plus, when Monday comes around, I am ready to begin again after having two days off in a row. Hopefully you can find a schedule that works for you!!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I did Body Revolution last year. . .and I just did the weight days (4 days a week) and skipped Jillian's cardio since I was getting enough cardio with my running. I ran 3 days a week while prepping for a half marathon (probably should've been 4, but I still finished in under 2 hours). I ran on Wed & Fri and did long runs on Sunday. If you're focussing on 5k's . . .3 days of running, targeted workouts, should be enough on top of the 30 DS.
  • rpayne210
    rpayne210 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm gonna lurk to see all your answers, since just this morning I did 30DS for the first time in months after only running. It kicked my booty. Definitely need to put Jillian back in the workout rotation!
  • dydn11402
    dydn11402 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    im currently in week 3 of couch to 5k, doing it sun, tues, thurs. on mon and wed i do jillian michaels no more trouble zones which has no cardio, only strength training. ive gone through her 30DS and ripped in 30 but those have cardio in them so i figured for the two days may as well do all strength and no cardio to get the balance. im hoping what im doing makes sense!
  • JerseyGirlinTN
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I don't want to overdo things, but I really love running, lol. I want to get better at running, but the 30DS results are AMAZING, so I figured that would be such a bonus.
  • Amy_Andrews
    Amy_Andrews Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm doing both right now. Today I start level 3. I found that burning 200 calories with 30DS wasn't enough for me, plus I really wanted to keep my running up. I'm a new lover of running (always HATED it before). I do cardio after I do the shred workout, and it does make the run a little harder, but it has really worked for me. Here's my sked -

M - 30 DS & long run (usually 3-4 miles)
    T - 30 DS & walk on treadmill, 5% incline for 15 mins
    W - 30 DS & easy run (20-30 mins)
    R - 30 DS & spin class
    F - 30 DS & interval run
    S - 30 DS
    S - rest day

Also, I just ran my first 5K of the season this past Friday and set a PR! (not fast by any stretch of the word, but fast for ME!)
  • JerseyGirlinTN
    Options
    Thanks for the example!