Most Imp weight loss tip

Options

Replies

• belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Find something you enjoy for your excersise if you enjoy it you will look forward to it. Or at least dont hate it maybe a better word. And remind yourself this is a life long journey not to be accomplished in 3 months or a year or even 2 years you did not get in the shape you are overnight and you will not change it overnight but you will lose it quicker than it took you gain it.(of course thats assuming you want to lose fat and not gain muscle).
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It's a combination of "lose the sugar" and get "Ative"..... Exercise..:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    NO CARBS!!!!

*runs and hides giggling*
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Diet is a noun, not an action verb...treat it as such.
  • chaoticgeek
    chaoticgeek Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Data! Track various things you do and measure them against some data points that you can track, weight and a few body measurements. See what works and what does not work. Make small changes that you keep over time.

For instance I started out making one change every six weeks and within those six weeks I had three stages. For pop first two weeks I cut out one pop a day, then the next two weeks I drank two cups of water or tea before a pop, then the last two I cut it out completely. I did something similar for eating better lunches and breakfasts for two other six week periods. I had them overlap so the last two weeks of anything is when I started the next two but that was just my personal way of keeping the changes going quickly.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    if you are having a hard time meeting your calorie goals.....

what's more important, food? or beverage calories?

nuff said
  • sherrin567
    sherrin567 Posts: 13
    Options
    Be patient with yourself. It didn't go on overnight and it won't come off overnight. Don't give up!
  • ljdborton
    ljdborton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Exercise.... you have to get active (stay active) or (up the activity) with cardio and strength training..... it is most beneficial for your weight loss but also your mind and soul:)

I hadnt been active (like I had always been) for 5 years - got married and had 3 babies :) ....it was my fault I didnt stay active not the marriage or pergnancy...but I have been kicking my butt and it feels amazing!!!!!!!

the burn feels so good and I will never not be active again!
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Drink tons of water!
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I saw this posted somewhere on MFP.

"Being overweight and out of shape is difficult; losing weight and getting in shape is difficult. Pick your 'difficult.'"
  • Paco4gsc
    Paco4gsc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Never blindly follow any health/weight loss/diet/fitness advice. Follow up with your own research (preferably using more reliable and credible sources over anecdotal or commercially driven) so that you have an understanding of the why and how so you can make more informed decisions for yourself. Ask questions, especially if something doesn't seem to make sense or isn't working as described.
  • tryskinni
    tryskinni Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I saw this posted somewhere on MFP.

"Being overweight and out of shape is difficult; losing weight and getting in shape is difficult. Pick your 'difficult.'"

Funny.... I realized last week that most nights I was going to bed with a stomachache from overeating. Now I got to bed hungry, which is uncomfortable, but one discomfort will lead to a better life. Love yours!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Track everything as accurately as possible. Yes, even if you think you "blew it". Track it. If you subscribe to the idea of a "cheat" day or meal, track it. It's easy to convince yourself it's not so bad if you don't have it there to look at.

Edit because my brain forgets words and then replaces them with numbers.....grrrr
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Find what kind of weight loss regimen works best for you, tweak if as you go and NEVER EVER GIVE UP.
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have found that mixing weights and cardio is what works best for me. I use the tredmill every trip to the gym, then do abs and legs machines and then the elliptical or stationary bike. Start small and keep building. I started at only 30 reps and am now up to 200 and it feels AWESOME!!!!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Persistence and consistecy. You are what you repeatedly do. This works in reverse - i.e. one bad meal, occasional treat or a day off your program won''t ruin your weight loss. Having said that, the diet doesn't start on Monday it starts at the next meal so don't let one bad meal/day send you off course.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Be willing to change your plan. What worked last year for me, wouldn't make much difference today. Keep adjusting, keep learning, keep trying something new. Celebrate every victory with something helpfull. New shoes, a fitbit, ipod, healthy recipe book.....
    When things seem slower, then appreciate how far you have already come, and take a hike up a mountain you wouldn't have been able to climb last year.
    It's been a year now, that's 60ish pounds, size 18 to size 10. And I can run. I even like it. wow.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Most important: it's always about the deficit at the end of the day. Sure, you'll lose muscle weight and gain a slower metabolism if you don't exercise, but no amount of jogging or weight lifting will keep you losing weight if you eat more than your body can use at a given time.

Second tip: lift weights. If you do this while losing fat % your entire body will change and look leaner, smoother, hotter even without weight loss.

Third tip: It's a lifestyle forever. Unless you calculate your calories mentally with precision or eat the same thing every day, you may need some structure or counting for the rest of your life in order to maintain a healthy weight.