Cant see a change? Take lined up pics!! (Pics)

Options
Okay, so I tend to lose (and gain) weight very proportionately. This certainly isn't the worst problem in the world, but it makes it much harder to see any changes in my body in either direction. Even after losing close to 20lbs I just couldn't tell the difference. So, I found a good photo app, lined myself up perfectly, and then zoomed until my head was the same size in each pic. BAM- for the first time ever I can actually see a difference!!! I'm far from a "success story" yet, but this cheered me up a lot. I wanted to post to offer the suggestion to take pics very carefully like this if you are someone who is struggling to see their progress. For me, if its not lined up jusssst right my brain will play tricks to make me think I look no different.

Hope this can help even one person! Thanks for the continued support, MFP!

Edit: fixed? maybe?

about 175 to 157:
s1thrn.jpg

Replies

• Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Nice! Way to go:flowerforyou:
  • Thepinkdaisy
    Options
    YOu look great!
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Nice job. What app did you you use?

I found a picture from last year and MAN I sure see a difference already.
  • cerexflikex
    cerexflikex Posts: 58
    Options
    That worked great, what a great tip.
  • crissyniko
    crissyniko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know what app also! I can see the difference in you for sure!
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like both pictures.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful in both photos! And I whole-heartedly agree with doing the before/during photos lined up side by side. Every month it has been such an encouragement for me to SEE that my body is changing!

I'm not sure what photo app you use, but to those asking which one they can use, I use picmonkey.com

I edit the individual photos so that they are roughly the same brightness and the same crop, save the files.
    Then I use the collage feature in picmonkey.com to align the photos side by side. I save that as a separate file.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful in both photos! And I whole-heartedly agree with doing the before/during photos lined up side by side. Every month it has been such an encouragement for me to SEE that my body is changing!

I'm not sure what photo app you use, but to those asking which one they can use, I use picmonkey.com

I edit the individual photos so that they are roughly the same brightness and the same crop, save the files.
    Then I use the collage feature in picmonkey.com to align the photos side by side. I save that as a separate file.

Thanks! And thanks to everyone else you're too kind.

I use the free version of framemagic and do pretty much the same as you :)
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You look great and thank you for the info!
  • BostonStrong617
    Options
    You look great! I think it's a lot harder to see differences in ourselves as opposed to other people! You also carry those 20 extra pounds fantastically, nonetheless I can certainly see a different and you are much more cut/toned in the more current picture! I also have a similar problem and found the difference more noticeable in pictures of myself, especially those taken by other people as opposed to in front of the mirror
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    OP you look great! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:

On the topic of comparisons... here are two pics of me at exactly the same weight and the tape measure has barely even shown a change. From October to April... I felt like I wasn't improving (I am at my goal weight BTW) but that is the same top...

19313071_2976.jpg

Photos show things the scale (and even the tape measure) doesn't.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    Options
    OP you look great! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:

On the topic of comparisons... here are two pics of me at exactly the same weight and the tape measure has barely even shown a change. From October to April... I felt like I wasn't improving (I am at my goal weight BTW) but that is the same top...

19313071_2976.jpg

Photos show things the scale (and even the tape measure) doesn't.

Ahh! Your little belly evaporated!! Way to go!
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    photo3.jpg

This is NOT a flattering pic but it shows what ten lbs gone looks like - just when I thought nothing was working....not a HUGE difference but the pic helps
  • squirrelzzrule22
    Options
    photo3.jpg

This is NOT a flattering pic but it shows what ten lbs gone looks like - just when I thought nothing was working....not a HUGE difference but the pic helps

I can totally see it! Especially in the tummy,