Countdown to Vacation - where are YOU going?

Options
jqh23
jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
Just thought it would be fun to share details of any upcoming trips you are taken (or maybe just got back from!)

We took a 8 day Caribbean cruise in September and didn't think we would be able to take another vacation before we had another baby, but we booked a trip to Clearwater beach, FL with a day at Magic Kingdom.. we leave in 35 days! Needless to say, it is a push to lose a few more pounds before we go and build our endurance for a LONG day of walking at DW!

Tell me about yours!

Replies

• bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    cuba for my honeymoon! end of june early july. never travelled before so we are so excited.

Husa Cayo Santa Maria - all inclusive.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    17 weeks and 6 days until I take my lovely little family to menorca for the week... Not my preference of holiday destination but the other half and kids will love it.
  • jqh23
    Options
    Sounds like very exotic locations!! Exciting =)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Peru in September. Backpacking ruins for 9 days, camping in the Amazon for a week, and a week in Chachapoyas hiking and exploring. Oh and going to a chocolate museum and making my own chocolate bars.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    just got back from a 5 nite Bahama cruise, a few weeks ago!! :)
  • rfw2424
    rfw2424 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Leaving for Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow AM!
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Taking my 8yr old son to San Diego and Sea World. Got an ocean front hotel room. I had a mini-heart attack at the price, but I figure what the hell? Not everyday you get to sleep with the window open listening to waves!
    Leaving in 37 days!! :bigsmile:
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hey, I live in ft. Lauderdale!! Lol. I'm headed to the keys in September!!!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Sad to say that my only vacation planned right now is to San Diego- Comic Con. To makes things even more boring, I live in San Diego. :ohwell:
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Shoot...I'm ready to head anywhere!! Went to Hawaii last November...would so like to go back! But Florida may just have to do!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Taking my 8yr old son to San Diego and Sea World. Got an ocean front hotel room. I had a mini-heart attack at the price, but I figure what the hell? Not everyday you get to sleep with the window open listening to waves!

My daughter (25) and I have yearly passes to Sea World, great place just to go and walk and walk. Love Sea World. But food is expensive. Ssshhhhh secret, you can sneak food and drinks in. Even when they check your bags, they dont care as long as its not glass.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Same as every year. Stay home and spring cleaning.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Our last vacation was in March, we drove from NH to PA and left our 18 month old daughter with her grandparents (my In-laws) chilled out for a couple days and then flew down to New Orleans for a few days then back to PA and Finally back home.

We indulged quite heavily in the local food and drink and had a good time. We skyped with our daughter and it was heartbreaking and apparently she was very unhappy to stop seeing us after we disconnected.

Next vacation is in July. We are taking a staycation around the 4th. I have a 10k on the 3rd that ends with Running out of the Giant Inflatable Patriots helmet and across the 50 yard line in Gilette. There's a lot of fun family things to do there around the race and there are fireworks after the race.

Other than than, it's just day trips or chillin.... My wife has a day off before the week and has to go back to work on the 5th. I have the 5th off so maybe I'll go run around Walden Pond or something...
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Next planned trip is Eastern Caribbean cruise from Port Canaveral in Sept over my birthday going to the Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maartin.

I'm trying to squeak in another short weekend bahamas trip if my husband will go for it :bigsmile:

One of the perks of living 30 minutes from the port!
  • stressedmum73
    Options
    Am in the UK and we have a caravan so end of the Month we are going to Lancashire/Lake District for a week, South West Wales for 10 days in August and then the biggie is 12 days in Orlando in October...my 6 and 8year olds have never been on a plane and are very very excited :-)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    RV trip up to San Francisco from Phoenix. Spend a few days in the mountains/.at the beach...slow drive down the coast to LA before heading home.
  • jqh23
    Options
    Have you ever thought of renting a vacation property? Probably too late for this trip, but something to consider in the future.. it is usually a little cheaper than a hotel and you have a kitchen to make your own food and save on money!
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Cozumel in 14 Days!! :happy: :bigsmile:
  • jqh23
    Options
    Next planned trip is Eastern Caribbean cruise from Port Canaveral in Sept over my birthday going to the Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maartin.

I'm trying to squeak in another short weekend bahamas trip if my husband will go for it :bigsmile:

One of the perks of living 30 minutes from the port!
    OMG! Can you please go up to Paradise Point in St thomas and have some conch fritters and a bushwacker for me??? =)

We went to Nassau, St Thomas, Tortola and Antigua on our last trip. Great itinerary.. but we have done St Maarten before on a different cruise. What do you have planned for your excursions?
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    End of July road trip to visit family and friends in ND, gonna stop in Fargo, then hit up the Medora musical. Then end up back at my husband's family's lake resort in central MN for a few days. Then back home to Wis.