Shaun T's rockin body 1st workout

Options
Mary9921
Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
I just finished my first workout in months and was able to do the whole thing.

I guess I am just tooting my own horn here....

Anyone else working out with the Beachbody dvd's?, looking for company.

Replies

• arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am about halfway through a round of Turbofire right now. I have P90X as well and am thinking of purchasing Insanity. :) LOVE beachbody!!!
  • mandyjb77
    mandyjb77 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Mary,

I just purchased the Rockin Body workout too. I got it on Saturday but had my daughters dance recital, Mother's Day plans, etc., I haven't done it yet. I want to do it this evening. I'm out of shape for sure...I hope I can make it through the whole thing.
  • Mary9921
    Options
    The first day workout is only 15 minutes long...tomorrow the schedule says I am to do 2 workouts....which I am going to attempt.
    I am going into this with a "can do attitude". A little sore tonight as I have a plate in my neck but I can do this!!
  • mandyjb77
    mandyjb77 Posts: 3
    Options
    I did the first intro workout last night myself. Not bad....yeah, the shimmy if I did it too hard, my shoulder hurt (previous issues). Maybe that's what bothered your neck? I tamed my shimmy down as I'm not in the mood to sit in a chiropractor's office. haha

I plan to attempt the duo workout after work today myself.

We can do it...or at least get tired and work out while trying! :-)
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I have several BB programs, they are great. I have yet to do a complete one though, lol. I get bored easy and switch my workouts a lot. I do have Rockin Body, they are good fun workouts but Shaun T does annoy me somewhat, he isn't as bad in Insanity. Lately I've been doing some Les Mills Combat which I really like but I'm going to add back in some strength workouts with Chalean Extreme. Feel free to add me!
  • cwatne80
    cwatne80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just finished INSANITY and it was the best decision I have made in terms of my health. I took off almost 20 lbs in 60 days and over 30 inches... going to compile stats and before/after pics tonight so I can post everything. This program worked so well for me and my husband, and it changed me so I WANT to work out and keep it going. Going to start Hip Hop Abs this week to try and tone up the belly for our vacation in June, then upon return I am going to start INSANITY over again to try and reach goal weight. It was so hard to stay disciplined at times, but SO WORTH IT in the end! Feel free to add me... would love to know your progress on Rockin' Body... that was my 2nd choice for my next program. :)
  • Mary9921
    Options
    Hey Mandy, congrats on doing day 1....day 2 is a bit harder, but not too much...
    I am completely out of shape and I was able to complete both workouts...took a break
    in between the two. I agree with the chiropractor comment...had to take some aleve last night
    and I can see myself taking some tonight also. Good luck tonight...I feel pretty energized.
  • sjlocklear
    sjlocklear Posts: 88
    Options
    I have the turbo jam and love it, I just got the body gospel in the mail today, I will start it in the morning
  • Mary9921
    Options
    Good luck Sjlocklear.....

I hear turbo jam is hard.....
    I had to try and start something to get me from nothing to moving....

I used to do jazzercise 4x a week last year...but I have done nothing excercise wise this year.

Good luck with the body gospel, I'll bet the music and the excercise routine would give you a great lift for the day.

Mary
  • jemscizir
    jemscizir Posts: 1
    Options
    I too have tons of BB vids, but only seem to get through on months of each. I think I will do videos in reverse so that I can at least say I saw it all
  • lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 367
    Options
    I love Shaun T! I started in late April the Mark, move & Groove disc from Rockin'' Body.
    I'm on week 2 of Hard Core Abs. I only do the DVds 4x per week. I'm going to use the
    Booty Time disc next. I love the results I've had so far. It is quite a workout for a short
    workout but I love it! :)
  • lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 367
    Options
    I did the first intro workout last night myself. Not bad....yeah, the shimmy if I did it too hard, my shoulder hurt (previous issues). Maybe that's what bothered your neck? I tamed my shimmy down as I'm not in the mood to sit in a chiropractor's office. haha

I plan to attempt the duo workout after work today myself.

We can do it...or at least get tired and work out while trying! :-)

I can't do Shimmy very well, bad back and topo heavy but I kinda wing it.
    Wonder what the hardest move is to those who are using this set?
  • sjlocklear
    sjlocklear Posts: 88
    Options
    Good luck Sjlocklear.....

I hear turbo jam is hard.....
    I had to try and start something to get me from nothing to moving....

I used to do jazzercise 4x a week last year...but I have done nothing excercise wise this year.

Good luck with the body gospel, I'll bet the music and the excercise routine would give you a great lift for the day.

Mary

Mary, I love the kick, punch, & Jam dvd of Turbo Jam and its not that bad, its 48 min. Thats what I started out with, Its fun.

Body Gospel was fun this morning, they pray before they start, and she walks you through the work outs, I really enjoyed it.
  • leiamommy
    leiamommy Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm doing rockin body !! i love it my husband and i started it together and we lost 12 lbs in 16 days !!!! then alot of thing happened in the house so we had stopped for a while but we restarted it again and i love it
  • Mary9921
    Options
    Ok, just finished my 3rd day of the rockin body workout(disco groove)....missed yesterday(bummed), but got right back into it today(pat on back).... :) still gotta do 10 minutes of hard core abs, but I'm taking a break for a few #feeling good
  • beebe1964
    beebe1964 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi, just started the workout yesterday and loved it...would love the company too...feel free to add me.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I just started today on Rockin' Body. Did the first one and then got 9 minutes into the Disco Groove before quitting. Did another 9 minutes of the Party Express before quitting...have a joint disorder so have to modify (love that they include a dancer doing that for knees!) and work up - but I enjoyed it. Have been using Michael Jackson's "Experience" Wii dance program plus do a lot of walking. Feel free to add me!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I am almost done with Insanity and going to start round 2 when I am done..
  • ohtobe140
    ohtobe140 Posts: 93
    Options
    I finished about 15 weeks of Turbofire in April, I got bored though, after three-four months, its just so "the same thing every day". I just ordered Les Mills Pump and Rockin' Body. They should both be here next week. I am going to take the first month from both workouts and map it out on a calendar, one every other day with Saturdays off. And then after that, map out the next two months, who knows what that will look like then, but I need to keep it interesting or I have no motivation. Once I memorize the sets it's hard for me to get excited about doing it. LOL Pathetic.
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Rockin Body, and am looking forward to something fun! I typically workout using a step or my elliptical machine, but it is soooo boring. I need to find a way to make exercise fun, and I'm hoping that dancing will be the trick :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!