Countdown to Vacation - where are YOU going?

Options

Replies

• jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey, I live in ft. Lauderdale!! Lol. I'm headed to the keys in September!!!
    Have you ever been to Gulfport?
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the Mayan Riviera in SIX DAYS!!
    Right here baby, cannot wait!

BT8239_239235.jpg
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    My Dad has a Spooks convention in June so I'm riding with him to Colorado. We are taking my youngest daughter. It was supposed to be my Mom going, but her health isn't that good for a long trip. Good thing I love to travel. :D
  • jqh23
    Options

BT8239_239235.jpg
    Ohhh, awesome!! We honeymooned in Playa del Carmen!

If you are looking for things to do, I highly recommend checking out XCaret for the day!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Guam and then HI. That's the plan for Sept anyway.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

BT8239_239235.jpg

If you are looking for things to do, I highly recommend checking out XCaret for the day!

I second this.
  • UrbanLotus
    Options

BT8239_239235.jpg

I second this.

Oh yeah i've been to the area before, love Xcaret! I think we are going to try to do Chichen Itza this time if we have time (already done Tulum). Have either of you been, is it worth it?
  • ElisaBertram
    Options
    We are taking our granddaughters to Disneyland for four days : )
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    We just took a 7 day cruise in December so next month we're going to visit family in Pittsburgh.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Hawaii at the beginning of September! Can't wait!!! Still have to buy the plane ticket though. :ohwell: Then small trip to Columbus, OH (I live in Chicago-land) about a week and a half after I get back for my friends wedding. :smile:
  • jqh23
    Options

Oh yeah i've been to the area before, love Xcaret! I think we are going to try to do Chichen Itza this time if we have time (already done Tulum). Have either of you been, is it worth it?
    No, but we met a couple who did and they said it was a long day. Long drive to and from, lots of walking while there.. It is one of the seven wonders but they didn't make it sound all that worth it.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Camping/Hiking in the Sawtooth mountains in Idaho, then over to the Tetons in Wyoming.

Then in August... My annual pilgrimage to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options

No, but we met a couple who did and they said it was a long day. Long drive to and from, lots of walking while there.. It is one of the seven wonders but they didn't make it sound all that worth it.
    That was why my family and I opted for Tulum instead of Chicen Itza, the time involved.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Ft Myers FL gonna spend a week with some friends and be lame tourists \m/
  • allthatroz
    allthatroz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm headed to Reno, NV to bowl in the Women's Nationals Bowling Tournament this coming Sunday. I am travelling from the East Coast. For the trip back home I've opted to take the train (3 day journey). I am so looking forward to relaxing for those 3 days, travelling through the mountains, reading, listening to music, etc.
  • tldavis5555
    tldavis5555 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Maui in 21 days!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Lots of camping up and down the coast of Queensland in the camper we bought today and I'm thinking maybe next overseas trip should be Paris/Slovenia/Turkey maybe.
  • jqh23
    Options
    Jealous of all these Hawaii trips! Our best friends are doing a 12 day Hawaiian cruise in September and ending it by staying 3 days on the big island and renewing their vows at sunrise! So wish we could be there!
  • UrbanLotus
    Options

That was why my family and I opted for Tulum instead of Chicen Itza, the time involved.

Hmmm yeah we've been debating, its about 2.5hrs each way so def a long day, and I only have like 4.5 days total....hmmmmmmm. Thanks for the feedback!
  • jqh23
    Options

Hmmm yeah we've been debating, its about 2.5hrs each way so def a long day, and I only have like 4.5 days total....hmmmmmmm. Thanks for the feedback!
    If it were me, I would not spend a whole day on such a short trip doing it.

I would either enjoy the resort the whole time or just pick one excursion to do for 1/2 day but not the full day.

Xel-ha is supposed to be nice too.