Countdown to Vacation - where are YOU going?

Options

Replies

• ricewinona1
    ricewinona1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a school teacher and we have seven days until school is out!!! Ten days from now Galveston, TX for 5 days on the beach. In July I'm planning to go to Canada and Niagara Falls.
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Miami Mid July. Working my booty off for it!
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Paris in 2 days. I am going to gorge myself on the French language. If DH is lucky I'll speak English to him! No concrete plans- just want to see a lot of cathedrals and art. Oh, yeah- Reims Cathedral is in the Champagne region, and I found a tour from Paris that lets you wander around the cathedral, have lunch, then tour a couple of Champagne manufacturers. Yeah, sign us up!
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I went on a 7 day cruise in February. My next "real" vacation will be to Disney World next year around this time to celebrate my 50th birthday! Between now and then I plan on going to the beach every Friday (I don't work on Friday) and I might plan a night or two away somewhere with my husband in September. We're kinda poor so we don't go away much at all.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Summertime camping in July. 201 days til our next trip to Walt Disney World (escaping prairie winter for 12 nights). Planning to return to WDW, end March 2014, for a week at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Also, planning a trip for Feb 2015 to the Disney resort in Hawaii of 12 nights to celebrate or 30th anniversary and Valentines Day.
  • ECos81
    ECos81 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Tahiti and Bora Bora, going to take LOTS of pictures so have to keep that ticker moving down :wink:
  • LizzieLuv83
    LizzieLuv83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We are heading to Florida next month.. I have already lost 8 lbs since I started my diet last week. Just signed up yesterday. Hoping to lose another 25 lbs by June 15th. My cousins are all 100 lbs soaking wet, and I'm the "fat cousin" so I'm hoping to show some real progress." I have 114 lbs to go.. Did have 122 lbs, now I just have 114 lbs to go :)

I'm Beth by the way! :)
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Paris in 2 days. I am going to gorge myself on the French language. If DH is lucky I'll speak English to him! No concrete plans- just want to see a lot of cathedrals and art. Oh, yeah- Reims Cathedral is in the Champagne region, and I found a tour from Paris that lets you wander around the cathedral, have lunch, then tour a couple of Champagne manufacturers. Yeah, sign us up!
    I lived in the Champagne region for 7 months teaching English in the Reims school district! That cathedral is beautiful. :smile: Have fun in my second home, and drink a little extra champagne for me! :laugh:
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher and we're out next Wed... After summer school ends I have 6 weeks Off. Going to go on my yearly trip to The High Sierras.. Hiking in Mammoth, Tubing in Yosemite, Camping the June Lake Loop. LOVE IT!!
    After that Vegas & The River!!!!!
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Trying to plan a trip to Mississippi, but the rest of the family can't decide if they can go or not. It will be my first time back in 13 years.

37989412.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Going on a cruise to the Bahamas in 3 days!!! Can't wait : )
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    California where im from in 6 days :D ahhh!
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    We are heading to Florida next month.. I have already lost 8 lbs since I started my diet last week. Just signed up yesterday. Hoping to lose another 25 lbs by June 15th. My cousins are all 100 lbs soaking wet, and I'm the "fat cousin" so I'm hoping to show some real progress." I have 114 lbs to go.. Did have 122 lbs, now I just have 114 lbs to go :)

I'm Beth by the way! :)
    That is a LOT of weight in such a short period of time... I hope you are eating healthy and exercising!

What part of Florida?
  • jqh23
    Options
    Summertime camping in July. 201 days til our next trip to Walt Disney World (escaping prairie winter for 12 nights). Planning to return to WDW, end March 2014, for a week at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Also, planning a trip for Feb 2015 to the Disney resort in Hawaii of 12 nights to celebrate or 30th anniversary and Valentines Day.
    Are you looking to adopt? I am really a wonderful daughter =)
  • jqh23
    Options
    Going on a cruise to the Bahamas in 3 days!!! Can't wait : )
    fun, fun!! love cruising
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It's not as exciting as I would like, but probably doing an extended family vacation to Myrtle beach near the end of the summer. It's nice, it includes my parents, brother, hubby, and kiddo. It would be a lot better if I didn't have to cook, clean, and babysit. On the plus side, I can still have a vacation with the kid and hand him off to the parents for at least one evening to have some adult fun.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Last year we did a cruise and the year before Disney World.

This year we are doing a bit differently and we bought a Seasonal Camping at our favorite camp ground. We will be out there most weekends through Oct. and the kids and I will be out there during the week at times as well. At the end of June dh and ds are going to upper Michigan to a cabin to boat and fish with FIL. At the end of July the kids and I are heading to IL for a few days to visit family, then St. Louis, then MO to visit my sister and her kids-then we are heading to Hannibal, MO for a few days.

It will be a little different then the past few years, but I'm looking forward to it all.

I'm not sure yet what our fall plans will be.
  • Yella0606
    Yella0606 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Miami in July. I have worn 2 bathing suits in the past 10 years and both times I wore a cover-up or shorts the whole time over it. My goal is to be able to go coverless with confidence this year.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    we are flying up to northern Saskatchewan where my family owns an island, for about 4 days.

4 days of no outside contact, just us, the cabin, the water, the speedboats, and lazin on the dock.

(the only way to maintain any outside contact up there is by SAT phone).

it will be heavenly.
  • tlhong
    tlhong Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The hubs and I are taking our 2 kids to Waikiki for a week in August. We are so excited! We haven't traveled in about 5 years and this time there won't be any in-laws in sight! Just us. Did I mention how excited I am? :)