Metallic Taste

Options
Wentra
Wentra Posts: 14 Member
Sometimes I get a metallic taste in my mouth after exercising 20-30 minutes. Does anyone else have this or know what causes it?

Replies

• LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Could be a blood pressure issue. Check with a doctor, but I know that when my blood pressure spikes or drops, I get dizziness paired with this taste in my mouth.
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Also, do you eat pine nuts? Or take sleeping meds? Both of these have side effects of a metallic taste.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,707 Member
    Options
    When I do intermittent fasting I get that metallic ketosis taste. It means you are metabolising fat.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Someone is urinating in your water bottle.

Or bleeding into it.
  • JSkorna
    JSkorna Posts: 22
    Options
    Eat a few Tums. It happens to some people when they donate blood.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so people can get a better idea about your other habits that might be causing this.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    are you, by chance, chewing the iron instead of lifting it?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    When I do intermittent fasting I get that metallic ketosis taste. It means you are metabolising fat.

:huh: :huh:
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get a metallic taste in my mouth after exercising 20-30 minutes. Does anyone else have this or know what causes it?

go and see a doctor immediately....
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say, you're going to die.

Someday.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    You're pregnant, Congratulations!

^This was going to be my guess. Metallic taste was my first pregnancy symptom.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Are you using these?

gQXDDqa.gif
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options

This ^^^^^
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'd concur with the other writer that if you're doing carbohydrate reduction you may be feeling ketosis. take mouthwash and don't worry about it.:love::ohwell:
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Someone is urinating in your water bottle.

Or bleeding into it.

I like how you refer to yourself as 'Someone'. :wink:
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

:huh: :huh:

Double :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • CubicCutie
    CubicCutie Posts: 53
    Options
    are you on a low carb diet? Sounds like ketosis to me. If so try drinking more water.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Check your blood pressure before, during, and after exercise. Invest in a digital BP meter (arm cuff, not wrist or finger). (If BP's not an issue, you might be able to return it.)
    In my case, my BP was dropping VERY low during intense cardio (e.g. 85/59 :noway:) and would stay there up to 4 hours afterwards. I was a couple of months into taking HBP meds for the first time, so I got Dr. permission to try taking a half dose using a pill splitter. I've done this for a few months and it seems to be still working. My 'usual' BP stays in healthy range (under 120/80) and my intense cardio BP is still lower, but not dangerously so (e.g. 95/60). The metal taste (I describe as 'copper', like a penny or blood) and smell has drastically decreased to the extent that I only notice it rarely, and even then only when I actively think about it.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Are you using these?

gQXDDqa.gif

damnit...how did you know?!