Favorite Foods?

Options
Amanda82691
Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
Since being more aware of my food choices and living this healthier lifestyle I of course had to remove some foods from my every day diet and only have them once in a while, some of my favorites. I'm curious what are some of your favorites that you had to give up or reduce eating??

The biggest one for me would have to be chicken salad sandwhices. Yes we can make it much healthier but its just not the same. I love me a good old fashion chicken salad sandwhich. lol.

Replies

• chileheadmike
    chileheadmike Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been staying away from chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy. That and biscuits and sausage gravy.

I love them both, but probably a good idea to limit them.
  • steffystayfresh
    Options
    I absolutely love baked macaroni and cheese, and chicken&shrimp in my alfredo pasta. I'm trying to stay away from those because I am lactose intolerant and I also do not need the excess carbs.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What do you put in chicken salad that makes it unhealthy?

Baked goods (cookies, pies, cakes, etc.), meat fat (not including fish), processed meats (sausage, deli meats), dairy fat, and hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils. I limit these for heatlh reasons.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    >implying I gave anything up

I eat two ice cream cones every night. You just have to find or make healthier recipes. My ice cream is 30 calories for a half cup.
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    I limit potato. I love potato- fried, roasted, baked. Topped with sour cream and butter, dipped in cheese or ranch dressing, drenched in mayo in potato salad.

I do have a great super low fat potato salad recipe...but it's still not quite the same without full fat mayo. This summer I'll be making my light version for cookouts, so I can occasionally enjoy some starchy potato.