• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    bump! love this recipe
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Barilla bow tie pasta.
    Cook, drain mix with butter and salt or with butter, salt and parmesan cheese.
    Butter is not unhealthy if you eat it in moderation.
    This is my go to quick meal if I forget to take something out.

or

Cut green beans into thirds and sauté in frying pan.
    Add quartered cherry tomatoes
    Add a little feta
    Mix in pasta

or

(Stolen from prior MFP post)
    In a blender add 2 avocados, 2-3 cloves of garlic, juice from one lemon and salt.
    In oven bake halved tomatoes with olive oil for 1 hour at 300 degrees.
    Mix all with fetucini
  • a_claire
    a_claire Posts: 61
    Options
    I love bulking up pasta with roasted veggies. My current favorites are zucchini and mushrooms! Add that to some marinara and WW pasta and I am set and happy :)
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I make this spanish spaghetti a lot - the peppers have such a great flavor and only 80 calories for a whole jar (trader joe's)! I don't use anchovies and use a minimal amount of EVOO, and just like a tbsp of almonds. This dish is better the next day so make it ahead of time!
    http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/spanish-spaghetti/

I also just sautee some fresh garlic & basil with chili flakes in EVOO and then add pasta to the pan and kind of sautee it for a bit - so easy and yummy!

And for a meat sauce I sautee turkey italian sausage, mushrooms, bell peppers, and garlic and add it to a light marinara sauce or make my own with some diced tomatoes.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Carbonara, alla norma, all'Amatriciana, alle vongole etc etc
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My dinner last night:
    whole wheat pasta (I had bowtie on hand)
    Turkey Italian sausage
    roasted zucchini
    pasta sauce (I used some leftover jar sauce)

The whole meal was around 500 calories. It was a huge portion and very tasty!
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I use ww or whole grain pasta and shred veggies like zuchinni, carrots, onions and peppers and toss with a veggie pasta sauce. you can add in chicken or chicken or ground turkey meatballs
  • Pnutcashew
    Pnutcashew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love skinnytaste.com crockpot italian turkey meatballs made with lean ground turkey. I prepare the meatballs the night before and put them and my sauce in the crockpot in the am. Boil some whole wheat pasta that evening and top with my meatballs. So good. My husband likes them too.
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • sageskye
    sageskye Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My fav pasta recipes right now are:

Farfalle with roasted tomato garlic sauce
    http://chefmichaelsmith.com/recipe/farfalle-with-roasted-tomato-garlic-sauce/#.UZOQ-aKG3To

and

Orecchiette with Broccoli - my husband I like to add red pepper flakes to ours but the kids prefer it without
    http://www.wholeliving.com/132862/broccoli-orecchiette?czone=eat-well/healthy-dinner/healthy-main-courses&center=144884&gallery=136227&slide=95853
  • JessMahoney1
    JessMahoney1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is my first time writing in the forum but instead of using sauces, while cooking the pasta sprinkle in 1 or 2 oxo cubes (I like reduced salt chicken) which gives the pasta a meaty taste without having the extra calories of meat! You could add a small slice of chicken with this and I normally add mixed vegetables!!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    There is not a pasta and sauce combination out there that I won't try and fit into my calories and macro balance. It comes down to your calorie limitations, your macronutrient goals, and portion control.

My favorites are linguini and clam sauce, spaghetti and pesto, spaghetti and meat balls (I use very lean ground beef but add the fat back into my diet in other ways), and pasta primavera. I've also gone through every strange "healthy" noodle out there and came back to traditional white noodles. The difference isn't worth the loss in taste and texture in my opinion.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    There is not a pasta and sauce combination out there that I won't try and fit into my calories and macro balance. It comes down to your calorie limitations, your macronutrient goals, and portion control.

My favorites are linguini and clam sauce, spaghetti and pesto, spaghetti and meat balls (I use very lean ground beef but add the fat back into my diet in other ways), and pasta primavera. I've also gone through every strange "healthy" noodle out there and came back to traditional white noodles. The difference isn't worth the loss in taste and texture in my opinion.

This ^^^^

Wheat hurts my stomach but I splurge on it sometimes. My fave is simply butter with garlic and parmesan... or chicken masala... or alfredo....

Last night I made this with chicken - it turned out great makes 3-4 servings. Add garlic chili paste to taste.

• 1-2 crowns broccoli
    • 1 tablespoon thai fish sauce
    • 3 eggs
    • 1 lb Fresh Flat Rice Noodles ( I used ½ bag of extra wide egg noodles)
    • 2 cloves chopped garlic
    • 2 tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
    • 1/2 cup thinly sliced chicken (I used a package of chicken thighs)
    • 1 tablespoon sugar

Pre cook noodles don’t let them get too soft. Cut broccoli into 1 inch long pieces. Peel and dice stems if using.
    Heat a wok to high heat and then add 2 tablespoons of oil. Drop in the chopped garlic and stir. Add the sliced chicken. Stir to cook the chicken. When the chicken is somewhat cooked, add noodles. Stir to break up the noodles. Add light and dark soy sauce and sugar.
    Stir to mix the seasonings into the noodles and chicken. Fold in the noodles and mix them all. Add the broccoli, stems first then add the rest. When the broccoli is cooked clear a spot in the middle of the pan, and drop the eggs in. Scramble the eggs until they are cooked, turn off heat and serve.

Cut calories by adding more broccoli and less noodles... but that would be a shame.