Good news / Bad news

Options
The good news is this is my fourth day of quitting mt dew, I woke up will little to no craving, a mt dew is usually the first thing I think about and consume every morning. Although I have a bit of a headache right now (1:25pm), so I think I will have to po an excedrin to minimize the caffeine withdrawals.

Bad news I had 3 chocolate chip cookies for lunch, it has been a busy hectic day, I walked in the door at lunch time feeling extremely hungry so that is what I ate. That might also be contributing to the headache. I am off to make a tuna sandwich to sustain me. Oddly enough I don't feel ashamed, mostly because I came on her after I ate the cookies and recorded everything.
Good days or bad days I want to see it ALL in black and white, I want to be accountable for ALL of it. I want to see my behavior when I feel busy or vulnerable, etc. Eating the cookies isn't helping me right now but looking at the big picture with honesty will help me to make the long term changes.

I will learn from my mistakes, not beat myself up for them.

Replies

• Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Thats great about the Mountain Dew especially cause I am a recovering Mountain Dew addict myself! (LOL I could not wait to type that after reading your first sentence) I actually moved on to Dr. Pepper and able to deal with one a day. Except today I went and got a Diet Coke at the store down the road from work. Helps with the migraines. But good for you with getting off the dew!
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That is an excellent attitude! Congratulations!
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    That is a very great attitude. Also the fact that you logged everything is awesome! Keep it up!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    well rome wasn't built in a day, and they say it takes 2 weeks to break a habit, so i say you are doing pretty damn good. Baby steps is key to makeing progress....instead of 3 cookies, next time have one and break it into smaller pieces, drink a glass of water, eat a piece, drink some more water and wait about 2 mins and have the sexond piece....so on and so forth.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Ya know, we're not perfect and if we can't have any slip-ups it will make this way of eating so much more difficult. You did the important thing. You owned up to the fact that those 3 cookies are sitting in your stomach right now, not only in your log but publicly. I love your honesty and I think you are going to be just fine, dear. Congrats for the changes that you have made already.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You have a healthy attitude and you will make progress is getting Mt. Dew off of your menu. I am sure it is really difficult
  • Holton
    Options
    You have a healthy attitude and you will make progress is getting Mt. Dew off of your menu. I am sure it is really difficult as
  • Holton
    Options
    You have a healthy attitude and you will make progress is getting Mt. Dew off of your menu. I am sure it is really difficult as I
  • Holton
    Options
    You have a healthy attitude and you will make progress is getting Mt. Dew off of your menu. I am sure it is really difficult as I would
  • Holton
    Options
    You have a healthy attitude and you will make progress is getting Mt. Dew off of your menu. I am sure it is really difficult as I would hate
  • Holton
    Options
    You have a healthy attitude and you will make progress is getting Mt. Dew off of your menu. I am sure it is really difficult as I would hate to
  • Holton
    Options
    You have a healthy attitude and you will make progress is getting Mt. Dew off of your menu. I am sure it is really difficult as I would hate to give
  • Holton
    Options
    You have a healthy attitude and you will make progress is getting Mt. Dew off of your menu. I am sure it is really difficult as I would hate to give up
  • Holton
    Options
    Not sure what happened, but sorry for multiple duplicates!!!
  • samanthakay24
    samanthakay24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i ate jack in the box for lunch yesterday and felt so bad and i didn't even want to log it because i was ashamed, but i did and even though i ate that i was still under my daily calories so it wasn't as bad as i thought!

but great job with the mt dew! i'm 2 weeks clean from coke... well i slipped up and had one yesterday but that's it!