Good breakfast to get the Metabolism going

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs get me going for the rest of the day, but you may not have time for that, considering your morning schedule.

he gets breakfast ready for his kids...
    He can prepare his own at the same time. especially since boiling eggs takes about 25 minutes

Or, I boil a pot of eggs on Sunday and grab a few as I need them.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Spend the 15 minutes you waste at Starbucks exercising at home. Drink black coffee at the office. Depending on the intensity of the exercise you would net 400-500 calories off your daily total.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    COFFEE baby!

^ This. While I agree there's no stoking the metabolism, coffee stokes my desire to move.
    caffeine gives a minor metabolic boost. nothing to add to your exercies diary, but it is also known as an appetite supressant
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    COFFEE baby!

^ This. While I agree there's no stoking the metabolism, coffee stokes my desire to move.
    caffeine gives a minor metabolic boost. nothing to add to your exercies diary, but it is also known as an appetite supressant

Yep. It also suppresses my desire for morning violence.
  • keithf1138
    keithf1138 Posts: 63
    Options
    I could make breakfast food for myself as well. The spacing makes it easier to get from breakfast to lunch without getting munchies.

Sorry the Caramel Macchiato is staying. As I stated it is my 1 vice (even when I am dieting) that I have been able to keep over the 3 years I have lost 90 lbs and gone from pretty sedentary to someone who runs, hikes, ski's, etc.

I am on a push for the final 25-30 pounds and just fine tuning the process as I get closer to goal.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    COFFEE baby!

Coffee stokes my desire not to veer into oncoming traffic or bludgeon my boss with my keyboard.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    bump
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    COFFEE baby!

COFFEE, who cares what it does, I JUST NEED IT!!!!
  • keithf1138
    Options
    Spend the 15 minutes you waste at Starbucks exercising at home. Drink black coffee at the office. Depending on the intensity of the exercise you would net 400-500 calories off your daily total.

Yuck. I cant drink Black Coffee. I have 1 coffee drink a day and thats it. I do 50 flights of stairs at the office each day. Its also a bit of social thing. I see people and chat a bit at the Starbucks.
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I eat something so that I don't over-eat later in the day. I usually have egg whites with veggies, fruit, steel cut oatmeal, greek yogurt...stuff like that! If I skip breakfast I'm starving by lunch.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I thought the point was that he's up and active in the morning, not what he was actually eating. Everyone here is so critical, sheesh.
  • keithf1138
    Options
    People focusing on my Starbucks to much. I think I eat pretty healthy during the day.

The breakfast routine you already know.

Lunch and munchies at work are typically.

Apple or Orange
    Strawberries
    Chobani Non-Fat yogurt with fresh berries
    Carrot slices
    Celery slices
    Red Pepper slices
    2 cups of Trader Joe soup (Exactly which one varies). Today was Butternut Squash.
    Water Water Water
    Green Tea

Grapes on the ride home
    1 slice of Ezekial bread with peanut butter when I get home.

Healthy dinner. Usually some sort of Green Vegetable like Broccoli, Green Beans, or Asparagus and a lean protein.

Night time snack of Chobani with Granola.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    During the week if I'm hungry in the morning I eat Cheerioes and soy milk, if Im real hungry I add a banana. If I'm not hungry I don't eat breakfast and I've lost weight almost every week the last 9 months. So I have to think it's a myth.
  • shanniepk
    shanniepk Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That is very healthy, but the one thing that stood out to me was the sugars. I know fruit is an important part of the diet, but the grams of sugar from the banana and coffee drink alone go way over my recommended daily sugars amounts. Then add more sugar via fruit/yogurt/peanut butter during the day. Perhaps that could be hindering the last few pounds? Congrats on the weight loss and journey. This post does make me curious.
  • keithf1138
    Options
    That is very healthy, but the one thing that stood out to me was the sugars. I know fruit is an important part of the diet, but the grams of sugar from the banana and coffee drink alone go way over my recommended daily sugars amounts. Then add more sugar via fruit/yogurt/peanut butter during the day. Perhaps that could be hindering the last few pounds? Congrats on the weight loss and journey. This post does make me curious.

Maybe I will think differently when I feel like the last few pounds just wont drop off. I dont have a problem with calories. I exercise a lot (6-7 days a week for 1-1.5 hours) and try to be pretty active at other times. For instance I never ever take an elevator and during the day at work I will end up doing 40-50 flights of stairs. I also have to be thinking what will I do when I am done with the loss. So should I have a drastically different diet now when I am loosing or should I have something similar. I think something similar is better.

Like I said I just have heard over and over get the metabolism going early. Seems that may be a myth.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    COFFEE baby!

Yep. It also suppresses my desire for morning violence.

+1
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    still looks like you're not getting enough protein, even if you have 60g of protein for dinner, you haven't had a significant amount for snacks or breakfast except for te greek yogurt. very unlikely you're even reaching 100g which is a general guideline for a minimum, to prevent muscle loss.
  • keithf1138
    Options
    still looks like you're not getting enough protein, even if you have 60g of protein for dinner, you haven't had a significant amount for snacks or breakfast except for te greek yogurt. very unlikely you're even reaching 100g which is a general guideline for a minimum, to prevent muscle loss.

Just checked my food log and averaging about 120g of protein per day. Couple of days under 100 in the past 10 days, but for the most part above every day.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs get me going for the rest of the day, but you may not have time for that, considering your morning schedule.

He can prepare his own at the same time. especially since boiling eggs takes about 25 minutes

Yes, but I assumed the children's breakfast consisted of the usual cereal, toast, or whatever quick non-cooking foods are out there. Of course some hard boiled eggs would be a good suggestion.
  • keithf1138
    Options

Yes, but I assumed the children's breakfast consisted of the usual cereal, toast, or whatever quick non-cooking foods are out there. Of course some hard boiled eggs would be a good suggestion.

Nope...My wife is picky they get cereal one day per week. We have no white breads in the house. They eat mostly Ezekial Bread and rarely at breakfast. Particularly my oldest who is a young triathlete and is very conscious of eating healthy.