Counting in double digits...

Options
ICan1010
ICan1010 Posts: 8 Member
Ok, I've never posted before, but here goes. I know how much reading about other people's successes inspires me and I guess I can only hope to do a little of the same. As of yesterday - and 5 weeks after joining MFP and deciding that I'm going to do better for myself for the first time in my life - I've lost 11 pounds. 11! I can honestly say that I don't remember being able to count weight loss in double digits.....ever. There is a little voice in the back of my head that says "so? you want to lose 100 lbs. 11 lbs is not a big deal"; it also says "you could have lost more if you tried a little harder...", but you know what? For the first time I'm actually UPBEAT about my progress - and that little voice keeps getting quieter and quieter.

I like this feeling. I like knowing that losing the weight IS POSSIBLE. I like knowing that just by keeping my food diary, by making the "better choice" when it comes to picking foods, by "playing" on my wiiFit for 30 minutes every day, and yes, even by ocassionally "slipping" and eating fried chicken tenders...I CAN and WILL change my life for the better. And most importantly to me, I will have the strength and determination to live a longer life and set a good example for my beautiful 10 month old daughter.

Keep up the good work everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Shannonk507
    Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    WOW -- 11 is a GREAT step in the right direction! Well done with the first step of your journey.
  • MyKidzMom78
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! :happy:
    Can't wait til I can say I lost 11!
    Keep up the great work!!!!
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    THATS AWESOME! I cant wait til I get to 11. Keep up the great work and I KNOW you will make it :) we all will!
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've never posted before, but here goes. I know how much reading about other people's successes inspires me and I guess I can only hope to do a little of the same. As of yesterday - and 5 weeks after joining MFP and deciding that I'm going to do better for myself for the first time in my life - I've lost 11 pounds. 11! I can honestly say that I don't remember being able to count weight loss in double digits.....ever. There is a little voice in the back of my head that says "so? you want to lose 100 lbs. 11 lbs is not a big deal"; it also says "you could have lost more if you tried a little harder...", but you know what? For the first time I'm actually UPBEAT about my progress - and that little voice keeps getting quieter and quieter.

I like this feeling. I like knowing that losing the weight IS POSSIBLE. I like knowing that just by keeping my food diary, by making the "better choice" when it comes to picking foods, by "playing" on my wiiFit for 30 minutes every day, and yes, even by ocassionally "slipping" and eating fried chicken tenders...I CAN and WILL change my life for the better. And most importantly to me, I will have the strength and determination to live a longer life and set a good example for my beautiful 10 month old daughter.

Keep up the good work everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

You should feel good about it too, it is excellent progress! I am quite sure you will succeed in the amount you want to lose, it is making you feel uplifted and that is nothing but good.

Way to go to you and the very best in your future weight loss :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!