5:2 diet

Options
Any success stories of people following this plan? Thinking of doing it, is it as straightforward as eating normally for 5 days and having 500 calories for two on consecutive days?......

Replies

• marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    There's a 5:2 group on here that you can join - I've found it helpful. Also - I noticed that you got some negative replies to another post that you did about the 5:2 - you don't get those in the group. The people there know that the 5:2 is not a fad, most of them have researched it (as I did before I started it) and they know about the health benefits. Good luck!

PS- you already know my 5:2 story, so I haven't repeated it here.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Any success stories of people following this plan? Thinking of doing it, is it as straightforward as eating normally for 5 days and having 500 calories for two on consecutive days?......

You've pretty well got it, but they're supposed to be two non-consecutive days. I've noticed on other 5:2 threads that Mondays and Thursdays are a popular combination. I like to have 2 feed days between fasts, and have the week-end clear, but you can organise it how you like, and swop the days around if it suits you and your social life.

Use the search function - you'll find lots of information and support if you want it.