Weekend Calories

Options
I'm pretty good all during the work week but I don't count calories during the weekends. I still try to be careful but I just don't track everything. Does anyone else do this? I wonder if it's slowing down my weigh loss.

Replies

• LaurenLouG
    LaurenLouG Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Nope. I track everything. Only logging five days a week is definitely going to slow down your weight loss.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I don't not log on weekends. It's far too easy to overeat and therefore cancel out your weekly deficit. Personally, I think if I didn't log on a certain day or two of the month I would just be cheating myself. I do allow myself some extra calories on the weekend however I do log to ensure I don't go overboard.
  • swimmer_chick
    swimmer_chick Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I tend to still stay under my calories on the weekends but never really hit my macros, mostly because of work and sometimes drink :( but I still log it I just wear a guilty face as I do it.. :wink:
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty good all during the work week but I don't count calories during the weekends. I still try to be careful but I just don't track everything. Does anyone else do this? I wonder if it's slowing down my weigh loss.

That depends, is your weight loss slowing down? :huh: If you think you have a handle on it and don't log, and your weight loss is on track, great! If not, you may want to reconsider. I personally don't take a break from logging, but that's just me.
  • quantumdynamo
    Options
    I guess that depends on results. I personally have been logging them, but I'm definitely eating more on the weekends....as long as you're still being healthier and losing weight, it might make it more sustainable if you give yourself a minor "breather" from the diet. More of a practice for when you're just maintaining, right? Might slow down weight loss, but it's not a race.
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    Logging doesn't hurt. Then even if you go over, you know about how much you've gone over, and how much you'll need to "make up" with exercise and such later on.