Your favorite recipe for lowfat/nonfat salad dressings?

Options
aung82
aung82 Posts: 3 Member
Hi! I want to try to make my own salad dressings, I have never made my own before! Any favorite recipes out there? I know there are a lot of recipes online, but what is your favorite?

Replies

• Cambiovida
    Cambiovida Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    2 Tbls Olive Oil + Red Wine Vinegar (to taste) + Lemon Juice (to taste)+ any herb or seasoning you prefer. Whisk together. pour over veggies

I have been trying it lately without the olive oil (cause I dont have any)... SO I made it with Redwine Vinegar, Lemon Juice, little salt, little pepper, and garlic... SO GOOD
  • saraknotts
    saraknotts Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    any dressing with oil etc is going to have fat.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    seasoned rice vinegar is a winner. I use just a teaspoon of olive oil..dash of red vinegar, more rice vinegar and a squeeze of lemon. that's my go to dressing.
  • savoiaS1
    savoiaS1 Posts: 129
    Options
    Go to store. Buy Walden Farms. Put on Salad.
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i just use a little bit of red wine vinegar. just a little goes a looong way. every once in a while i might add a some generic salad seasoning, like mccormick salad supreme seasoning. i used to get a yummy one from spice islands, but i think they stopped making it, i have not seen it in years :ohwell:
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    seasoned rice vinegar is a winner. I use just a teaspoon of olive oil..dash of red vinegar, more rice vinegar and a squeeze of lemon. that's my go to dressing.

That's not really non fat though is it

If you want non fat lemon juice n vinegar no oil

Or get a low cal dressing from the super market the one i buy is 15 cals for a table spoon
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options

Walden Farms is just a bunch of chemicals. :sick:
  • savoiaS1
    savoiaS1 Posts: 129
    Options

MMMMMMMMMMM
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options

yip but its "nonfat"
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    SALSA! I use it instead of dressing all the time
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options

You won't have to log ANY calories because you will have thrown out the whole salad!

(To the UK'ers, "binned the whole salad", LOVE the term, just learned it :bigsmile: )

I was so hopeful when I bought some of their stuff :grumble:
  • abigailtabby
    Options
    Me too! I just made this one yesterday and it's rather tasty - I put it in the recipe database so you should be able to pull it up. It would probably make a great chicken or fish marinade as well. I modified it from one I found on a website based on ingredients I had in the house

"Homemade Vinagrette - low fat, carbs & sugar"

3 tbsp water
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    2 tbsp EVOO
    1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar (orig recipe called for 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar)
    2 tbsp Yellow Mustard (orig recipe called for 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard)
    2 tsp minced garlic
    2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
    1/4 tsp salt

Mix or shake well - makes approx 12 servings - serving is 1 tablespoon
  • vidasana87
    vidasana87 Posts: 75
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/cilantro_lime_vinaigrette.html

I highly recommend this one! Cilantro lime vinaigrette. Absolutely delish and really "fresh" tasting.
  • vidasana87
    vidasana87 Posts: 75
    Options
    P.s. embrace the fat! Nothing wrong with olive oil in your dressing :) Amazing for your heart, helps your body absorb the nutrients from the salad you are eating, and, helps you burn fat.

Vinegar + lemon juice? Bleh!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Balsamic and pepper
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/cilantro_lime_vinaigrette.html

I highly recommend this one! Cilantro lime vinaigrette. Absolutely delish and really "fresh" tasting.

mmmm that looks good.

about the walden farms, i tried 2 different flavors. IMO they are not that great & not worth ruining an otherwise delicious salad. i will eventually use up the packets that i have left since i paid for them but i can't recommend them.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    P.s. embrace the fat! Nothing wrong with olive oil in your dressing :) Amazing for your heart, helps your body absorb the nutrients from the salad you are eating, and, helps you burn fat.

Vinegar + lemon juice? Bleh!

it was a joke...i meant it because oil isn't non fat so you would have to leave it out.