Countdown to Vacation - where are YOU going?

Options

Replies

• rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wisconsin Dells in July.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    we are flying up to northern Saskatchewan where my family owns an island, for about 4 days.

4 days of no outside contact, just us, the cabin, the water, the speedboats, and lazin on the dock.

(the only way to maintain any outside contact up there is by SAT phone).

it will be heavenly.

SAT phone and the camera feeds I have installed...
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wisconsin Dells in July.
    which resort??

I am from chicago, so we had originally planned a weekend at the wilderness and a weekend in lake geneva, but canceled both to do a week on a real beach in FL.
  • jqh23
    Options
    Miami in July. I have worn 2 bathing suits in the past 10 years and both times I wore a cover-up or shorts the whole time over it. My goal is to be able to go coverless with confidence this year.
    you can do it, girl!
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options

Oh yeah i've been to the area before, love Xcaret! I think we are going to try to do Chichen Itza this time if we have time (already done Tulum). Have either of you been, is it worth it?
    No, but we met a couple who did and they said it was a long day. Long drive to and from, lots of walking while there.. It is one of the seven wonders but they didn't make it sound all that worth it.
    That was why my family and I opted for Tulum instead of Chicen Itza, the time involved.

Hmmm yeah we've been debating, its about 2.5hrs each way so def a long day, and I only have like 4.5 days total....hmmmmmmm. Thanks for the feedback!
    When I went to Playa I was limited on what I could do since I was all bandaged up from surgery on my hand. When I went back the next year with my mom we stayed in Puerto Morelos, a nice little town just north of Playa. We did the Dolphin Adventure, ATV/Zip Line excursion, and I did a TON of scuba diving.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Home Depot.

:sad:
  • Linda5678
    Linda5678 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Went to London and Paris this time last year. In 5 weeks we are going to Fredricksburg, TX. Rented a cabin on Barons Creek and booked a 4 1/2 hour spa day. Can't wait!
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Maya Riviera!!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the Mayan Riviera in SIX DAYS!!
    Right here baby, cannot wait!

BT8239_239235.jpg
    Ohhh, awesome!! We honeymooned in Playa del Carmen!

If you are looking for things to do, I highly recommend checking out XCaret for the day!

I second this.

Oh yeah i've been to the area before, love Xcaret! I think we are going to try to do Chichen Itza this time if we have time (already done Tulum). Have either of you been, is it worth it?

My dad and I loved it. We did it 15+ years ago and still talk about it. Everywhere you look were oceans of jungle with ruins rising out of it. Stunning. But I also geek out over ruins.
  • jessicalynntaylor27
    jessicalynntaylor27 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Next planned trip is Eastern Caribbean cruise from Port Canaveral in Sept over my birthday going to the Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maartin.

I'm trying to squeak in another short weekend bahamas trip if my husband will go for it :bigsmile:

One of the perks of living 30 minutes from the port!
    OMG! Can you please go up to Paradise Point in St thomas and have some conch fritters and a bushwacker for me??? =)

We went to Nassau, St Thomas, Tortola and Antigua on our last trip. Great itinerary.. but we have done St Maarten before on a different cruise. What do you have planned for your excursions?

OMG! I love Bushwackers!!! Going to New Orleans, LA and Perdido Key, Fl next month and can't wait to have a couple Bushwackers!
  • soxx226
    soxx226 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Headed to Anaheim in November then a Cruise over the week of Christmas to Mexico
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the Mayan Riviera in SIX DAYS!!
    Right here baby, cannot wait!

BT8239_239235.jpg
    Ohhh, awesome!! We honeymooned in Playa del Carmen!

If you are looking for things to do, I highly recommend checking out XCaret for the day!

I second this.

My dad and I loved it. We did it 15+ years ago and still talk about it. Everywhere you look were oceans of jungle with ruins rising out of it. Stunning. But I also geek out over ruins.

Oh man that sounds AMAZING! I don't think we can squeeze it in this time though :(. Oh well, will just have to make another trip sometime, darn :P
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Washington DC in two weeks! Lots of walking ahead of me! :flowerforyou:
  • daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I leave on the 4th of July for an 11 day vacation in Disney World, SOOOOO excited! I just have to be careful with my food choices when i'm there cause wow fo they have food choices (and i'm on the Dining Plan)!
  • misanthropist319
    Options
    256 days!!!
    Taking a cruise through Royal Caribbean on Allure of the Seas. Leaves from Fort Lauderdale and goes to Mexico, Jamaica and Haiti. This will be my second cruise but my husband's first. I can't wait!!!!!
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    In 4 days i go for 9 Days to Turkey.
    And 3 weeks afer that 1 week to England with my Sis and my parrents.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    My next trip is to New York City in mid-July. I'll be doing some apartment-hunting while I'm there since I'll be moving there for good shortly after that. Also visiting some friends and going to see Jinkx Monsoon's off-Broadway show, The Vaudevillians and probably catch a few other shows while I'm there too, if I have the money. I'm quite excited!
  • jqh23
    Options
    256 days!!!
    Taking a cruise through Royal Caribbean on Allure of the Seas. Leaves from Fort Lauderdale and goes to Mexico, Jamaica and Haiti. This will be my second cruise but my husband's first. I can't wait!!!!!
    We did the Oasis shortly after it launched and that ship is just AHHHH-mazing! Can't wait to try the Allure one day.. you guys will have an amazing time! We did costa maya, cozumel and labadee, haiti. We did a booze cruise to a couple sand bars in Haiti, it was really fantastic and I highly recommend it!
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Cancun in a little over a month!
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sad to say that my only vacation planned right now is to San Diego- Comic Con. To makes things even more boring, I live in San Diego. :ohwell:

You're sad about goin' to Comic Con?!!!