hello :) 25 and testing

Options
PGG19
PGG19 Posts: 63 Member
Hello :) I'm joining to see if keeping a diary may work for me, also every time I google health advice, it takes me to this community. Everybody seems so nice.

I'm currently 25yrs, 6' tall, at 170 lbs. and I would like to feel healthy and better about myself.
I feel like toning up might help my mild depression.
Please add me, I am shy but optimistic.

- :)

Replies

• marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Welcome..
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 52 and 6'1" . I'm looking to tone up as well. What type of exercises do you like to do? ~ Terri
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    Hello there! Welcome to this fabulous, fun and friendly site!
  • PGG19
    Options
    Hi! I live near the San Francisco trails, so I enjoy walking or jogging along the water.
    I like to do sit ups to work on my tummy and a shoulders and arm dumbell workout. :)

I have only lost 3 lbs in the past 2 weeks before I joined here, but it feels great!

What do you like to do? -Ash
  • gabinonunes
    gabinonunes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live near the San Francisco trails, so I enjoy walking or jogging along the water.
    I like to do sit ups to work on my tummy and a shoulders and arm dumbell workout. :)

I have only lost 3 lbs in the past 2 weeks before I joined here, but it feels great!

What do you like to do? -Ash

3 lbs is 2 weeks is good progress. Don't be afraid to lift weights!
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP...as Gabinonunes said, lifting is good for you but comined it with some cardio as well, HIIT (High Intensitive Interval Training) always works best for an overall result.

You guys can add me if you need some support and motivation, been using Mfp and p90x/insanity for the past year and lost overal 60+lbs and i feel great!!!
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club.... What you are now is where I want to be!! I am 6' tall and currently weigh 273 and my goal weight is 170! Oh and I would like to be 25 again :happy:
  • PGG19
    Options
    thank you! thank you! Such a great community!
  • princelukas777
    Options
    Yo wassup! LOL. I just joined recently too and def. wanna see where this will take me! Nice to meetcha!!!
  • rleath
    rleath Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!