I've been walking the walk . . .

Hi everyone!

I am a Healthcare Professional who is about 35-40 lbs overweight. It has been a slow gain. I am not happy with where I have ended up, and have tried dieting several times, each ending in gluttonous failure (it is hard to drive by the drive-thru when things are rough!).

I was honored to give a keynote speech to about 700 people at a national conference in my field, and tackled one of the topics I most enjoy - the impact of obesity on breathing and sleep. The presentation went well (people laughed where they were supposed to), and after I was overwhelmed with the number of people talking to me. These people included members of the Biggest Loser medical team, as well as many people saying I had inspired them to get healthier.

I know "hypocritical" isn't a great goal to get healthy, but really I felt a bit guilty. I have done hundreds of hours of research on the impact of obesity on health, so probably know more than most people the adverse effects of obesity. I have no excuse - it is time to get healthy, to put up or shut up.

Mostly I am excited about making some lifestyle changes, not simply jumping on another diet. I am even more excited about connecting with a community eager to become healthier as well.

I want to be able to step in front of a crowd, and say "I was there . . . once . . . and here's how I overcame the hurdles."

Scot

Replies

• MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    I want to be able to step in front of a crowd, and say "I was there . . . once . . . and here's how I overcame the hurdles."

I think that you have your goal all set up and now you just need to go for it! I would absolutely love to follow you on your journey towards a healthier you! Feel free to add me as a friend. Think of how this could be win-win for you and others in the MFP community. You may be inspired and motivated by others to keep going on your journey while sharing all those hours of learning with others! I say to take all of that knowledge and put it into practice! You will inspire others to do the same when they see the changes in you! :smile: