Cookies are calling my name...

Options
124»

Replies

• krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    The only thing that works for me and trigger foods is giving them away or throwing them out. I'm all about having a treat, but when there's a treat I can't stop eating, it's gotta go. I love to bake, so I'll make a batch of cookies, save half for me and my husband, then bring the other half to work. That way I get to eat some, he gets to eat some, but I don't eat the whole batch :)
  • TaraM430
    TaraM430 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did NOT eat the cookies. They are still out there but not calling my name like last night. I really think it helped me posting about it because I kept reading all of the responses and I would have felt extra bad after all of the good advice. Self control is still something I have to work on.

Congratulations, that is a huge step. Everyone is tempted but there is no shame unless you give in. Pat yourself on the back for staying strong. Super cute daughter by the way.

Thank You! :smile:
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am a cookie queen too....This is the longest my girl scout cookies have ever survived in my house ( tucked in the freezer).. get them out of sight...drink a huge glass of water and something with fiber...helps the body feel over full...hang in there...love the idea of skinny cow ice cream that helps too.. I keep frozen non fat yogurt and rootbeer flavoring for when I get a craving... freezer.. put them in the freezer!!!
  • ffhsanfran
    ffhsanfran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    you have the will power to turn down the call. Try it. And tell your daughter how and why you chose not to over-indulge yourself to these delicious cookies and how deeply you appreciate and cherish your own mom's baking them your your family.
  • Sqauterina11
    Sqauterina11 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i try to cover everything once finished with lol!
    im such a picker calories add up fast :( -

little pickers wear big knickers - my nan taught me that x
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Send them to me! :)

All jokes aside, I'm right up there with everyone else, cookies are my kryptonite! They call me the cookie monster our here in the AOR. And it doesn't help that all the chow halls here have otis and spunkmeyer cookies for free. Save them for your cheat day and if you know you will crave one, eat something healthy that helps curb hunger. My go-to food is always an apple. Something in them usually helps curb hunger and cravings, probably the pectin & fiber.