Celery?

Options
Basically I hear that celery is 0 calories but I dont understand how anything can be 0 calories, myth?

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's a myth.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Not to mention, celery is freaking disgusting. Simply don't eat it... then you have your zero calories.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Not to mention, celery is freaking disgusting. Simply don't eat it... then you have your zero calories.

That's dumb.
    :angry: :angry:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It is a myth, but it is extremely low calorie. But, by the time you clean it, chew it and digest it, the calories absorbed but not burned probably is pretty close to zero.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    2 bits of celery is around 7 calories depending on size. I buy it already cut and washed ready to eat.
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Celery's only purpose is to serve as a vessel for peanut butter or nutella
  • OverToNormal
    OverToNormal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, thought it was a myth ah. And I love the stuff! :D
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Don't forget the raisins. You can't have ants on a log without the ants.

But I like it plain too. Another one of those I hated as a kid and now love.
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options

I'm with you. The only way I can eat celery is if it's chopped up in a soup or something.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Cream cheese is also good on it, but I also like it plain. It's a staple in most of my soups, stews, stir fries and such as well.
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Celery is also nice oven roasted with a little olive oil it's low and great to dip in things especially peanut butter mmm.
  • kaylabrose
    kaylabrose Posts: 71
    Options
    2 bits of celery is around 7 calories depending on size. I buy it already cut and washed ready to eat.

see if YOU cut and washed it you would burn the 7 calories that it consists of ;)
  • OverToNormal
    OverToNormal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel like I should try celery with peanut butter? Ive never had it :o
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Well, if you're desperate to eat something, anything, just as long as you get something to eat, celery is not 0 calories but is definitely low. :P
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options

Or just as dress up to a bbq wings platter!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

Don't forget the raisins. You can't have ants on a log without the ants.

But I like it plain too. Another one of those I hated as a kid and now love.

I'm obsessed with celery and dip. I buy a giant bag of celery and eat 6-10 stalks with dip. NOM NOM
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

I concur. Its so rank that I don't think it should even be classed as a food.
  • cookiecounter
    Options
    when you make tuna for a sandwich. use some on the celery ..or put some Tostitos cheese or low cal. cream cheese .. this is not calorie free but it makes it taste better .. good luck lol
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Or just as dress up to a bbq wings platter!

Oh yea, they do come in handy when my dumbarse orders super uber spicy wings....hahaha
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I feel like I should try celery with peanut butter? Ive never had it :o
    How have you not?! Oh it's delicious with peanut butter. Mmmmm... I think I know what I'm having when I get home.