Parents confronted me...

Options
Hi, my name is Becca. I am 5 foot 4 and now weigh about 115 pounds. I wanted to stop losing at 125 pounds, but I just kept going. I started panicking when I was hitting higher calorie counts, so I just kept my settings where they were for losing. So, obviously, I've kept losing. Today, I made the mistake of walking downstairs after running in just a sports bra. BOTH of my parents separately confronted me about how thin I look, that my ribs are showing in my stomach and in my chest, etc.

I know that I should gain weight. This is not where my body functions best, and I eat next to nothing once my exercise calories are logged... but I just FREAK OUT when I eat more than 1200 calories!

Has this happened to anyone else?? How do I get out of this mindset? SO WORRIED.

**PS: when I was this skinny before, I started having seizures due to fat defecits... I am scared of this happening again, but I STILL can't get myself to eat more! :(

Replies

• riouxha
    riouxha Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    first off, you may want to consider getting help in regards to your anxiety about your weight.
    second, try increasing your calories slowly. Maybe go up 100 cals a day for a week, then 200, etc. until you reach maitenance.
    or consider a high-calorie snack a day and not logging it?
  • mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think it would be wise to get some expert help on this.

However, maybe it is an idea to really slowly up your calories? For instance like ten a day? You may be able to trick your mind in that way since 10 extra really is nothing compared to yesterday. Maybe it helps to do it so gradually.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I think that you should start by seeking out professional help. Talk to your doctor and a therapist who specializes in eating disorders about this situation. You know that eating too little is terrible for your health and you should find the support you need. I could give you advice about gradually increasing calories and what eating too little will do to you, but I think you know that stuff.

This happens to lots of people. You are not alone and you can start to develop a healthy attitude towards food. It will take time and support.

Best of luck to you!