Water Proof Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I am looking for recommendations for water proof heart rate monitors (i like to swim) and would greatly appriciate your help!
My budget limitation is $75.00. Any suggestions?

Replies

• yinkyo
    yinkyo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would love an answer to this too... I was wondering the same thing
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am looking for recommendations for water proof heart rate monitors (i like to swim) and would greatly appriciate your help!
    My budget limitation is $75.00. Any suggestions?

My polar FT4 is waterproof as long as you don't press the buttons when in water. The strap works fine under the water as well, it will just smell like chlorine after you use it..
  • Maryguthrie
    Options
    it is impossible to water proof a heart monitor. Most people do not have to wear them very long. Just wait till you have to take it off then you can go swimming.
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    it is impossible to water proof a heart monitor. Most people do not have to wear them very long. Just wait till you have to take it off then you can go swimming.

Possibly however I have worn mine in the water numerous times and it worked fine in the water and has continued to work fine out of the water.
  • NSMustanggirl
    NSMustanggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a Mio Motiva that is water resistant up to 30 m. Don't recall seeing anything about not being able to press the buttons while it's in the water. There is a trade off with the Mio though - it doesn't have a chest strap which means that you'd have to make sure your resting heart rate was set properly and take a reading periodically to get an accurate read. I got mine on sale for around $75 from Amazon... Was going to get the Polar, but I was just starting out and the Polar had a lot of features I didn't want to pay the extra $$ for. Think I'm going to invest in one though...
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    The polar ft4 is water resistant. Just don't press the buttons on the watch in the water. I did notice that you had to wear the chest stap extremely tight (extremely) to get it have a constant read in the water,
  • nekomeishi
    nekomeishi Posts: 11
    Options
    Wore my Timex HRM all throughout 6 months of triathlon training a couple of years ago - never a problem with it, although I was careful to start & stop the watch above the water line.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    no it's not http://www.swimovate.com/ they've just brought out a hrm version. I have the non hrm one and its great. I will go for the hrm one in the future. I use my polar swimming 3 times a week as long as you don't push the buttons under water they work fine.