insanity vs p90x

Options
Which program makes you loose more weight insanity vs p90x the program?

Replies

• mmichadick
    mmichadick Posts: 2
    Options
    Depends on how much effort you put in to them and your nutrition. I have not done Insanity yet, but I have done most of P90X (75 days). I lost 20 lbs, but that is deceiving because also added muscle mass. With that said, you will lose more weight doing Insanity because you will be doing a little more than body weight work outs with P90X and have slightly more muscle growth.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    There is potential for weight loss with both.
    The intense cardio that you get from Insanity can give you a heavy burn.
    On the other hand, with P90X, you are building muscle, which is also good for burning fat.

The real question you should ask is what level of exercise do you want?
    With Insanity, it's fast paced, balls to the wall.
    P90X is more slow and methodical.
  • zsxuvzye634
    Options
    They are both popular.Which workout program P90X or Insanity is better depends on your personal preferences.Lost 62 LBS and 13″ off her waist!
    My husband was so happy to have his wife back again . . . P90x has given me back my life and then some.i got all videos and excerise at home;link here http://tinyurl.com/p90xmy
  • jennifer87402
    jennifer87402 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have tried the P90x but not the insanity Personaly my favorite is Les Mills Pump with the bonus videos and step. When i did P90x I did loose weight and inches but the pump in my opinion is just awesome plus I love the Music!
  • amayctfu7117
    Options
    They are both popular.Which workout program P90X or Insanity is better depends on your personal preferences.Lost 62 LBS and 13″ off her waist!
    My husband was so happy to have his wife back again . . . P90x has given me back my life and then some.i got all videos and excerise at home;link here http://tinyurl.com/p90xmy

Thanks you for your information.Very helpful.
  • amayctfu7117
    Options
    Thanks you for your information.Very helpful.
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    honestly they'll both work fine if you are eating right .. P90X will help keep your muscles more toned and reduce the mass lost from losing weight while Insanity will probably burn more calories allowing you to eat more. Either way you need to set your nutrition accordingly to lose weight properly.

btw, P90X plus running plus MFP worked great for me.
  • fitcolette
    fitcolette Posts: 67
    Options
    I've done both, and the diet is a big deal with the weight loss. Insanity is so cardio based and P90X is weight, so the goals are different. With Insanity, I messed up my knee in the last week of the program and to this day it still acts up. Lots of jumping/explosive moves so make sure you have great shoes and cushion on the floor.