Lost all of my motivation

Options
The first week I signed up for MFP I did great and lost 7 lbs. Ever since that first week ended I have been making bad choices. The last 3 or 4 days I have logged in just didnt log my food in. What do you guys(and girls lol) do when you start to lose your motivation? Please give me some advice!

Replies

• superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Find a new workout to motivate you- If I get bored with the gym, then its bike ride time....or 30 day shred......or biggest loser cardio max. Plan your meals and make yourself stick to them. Research new healthy recipes, go on a walk, cook a healthy meal. Whatever you do, don't give up. I get these feelings sometimes....but I dig deep and force myself to do it! Just remember that you CAN do it!!
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    It has taken me nearly 8 weeks to lose 6 lbs so you have done really well! Think about the reasons you started your journey & feel free to ad people for support. YOU CAN DO THIS & YOU DESERVE IT.:wink:
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    7 pounds in one week is quite a lot. Lucky!

I agree- change up the gym routine, change up your food so that you and your body don't get bored. Also, I found if I make healthy things that taste good, I am more likely to stick to this new routine.

I also find that browsing the success stories, or looking at the fitness magazines is also motivating and idea-inspiring.
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I think about the weight that I have lost and think about gaining it back!!

It is nice to plan out meals, make your grocery list and only buy whats on it, so you have no choice but to eat that!!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    By any chance do you have an iPhone? The MFP app for it has been a super big help in keeping me accountable with logging my food because no matter where I am I can log my food right into my phone. I think they got an app for another kind of phone as well.

Don't give up!
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Realize what got me in the bind that I am and the goal I have set for myself. Then I take a look in the mirror and say are we there yet?
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on each day focus on your goals.....Ask yourself does this help with my goal? If you fall every once in a while today is a new day to work towards your goal....I want to be healthy and look good for my family...What is your goal?
  • OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Preparing / preplanning the meals ahead of time has helped me a lot. Also, log in here every day and read a few posts, etc... Seeing others' progress motivates me a lot. My family and close friends know I am working on myself and it helps me to be more accountable when I know they ask about my progress all the time...

Good luck :) It's not easy, but it is doable, promise. :) I am new, like you, been here for just 5 weeks or so, I think...
  • lexbannister
    lexbannister Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Honestly, when you lose your motivation, you can't force yourself to be motivated. You should just maintain as much as possible until you find what motivates or challenges you to take your fitness and diet to another level! If you force yourself, you'll just stress yourself out even more! Just maintain!!!:bigsmile:
  • lexbannister
    lexbannister Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Honestly, when you lose your motivation, you can't force yourself to be motivated. You should just maintain as much as possible until you find what motivates or challenges you to take your fitness and diet to another level! If you force yourself, you'll just stress yourself out even more! Just maintain!!!
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Oh and one more thing...Guess what you deserve to reach your goals!!!!....I finally told myself that I am worth it!!!!
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    success stories and pics!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Looks like you have some good advice here. Dont give up. Think about why you wanted to do this in the first place. Reading other people success stories and posts can motivate you, add some friends, maybe you can find a friend or neighbor to exercise with, it is always more fun when you do it with someone. Or maybe find someone on here that you can compare daily your food intake and exercise. Good luck.......
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself why you signed up here. If you can, take off your clothes and stand in front of a full-length mirror and ask yourself if you are living up to your potential. Be honest with yourself - no excuses. Write down a list of all the reasons you *need* and *want* to eat better and become healthier. This is *not* a crash diet or a even a "diet" at all - it is a lifestyle change. This is the start of the rest of your life, and you can be whoever you want to be - it's your choice. At the beginning of this new lifestyle, I wrote a list of all the reasons (wants and needs) for trying to become healthier and eat better, and I read that out loud to myself at least once a day, and anytime I felt like giving up or binging or anything like that. I don't use my list much anymore, but I think I want to make a new one and post it up somewhere I see it every day, like on the bathroom mirror.

You CAN do it! Good luck!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    The same thing has happened for me...and I found that even though I knew I was over the limit, I still tried to record all I ate. For me, there was something about still being on the website and seeing what I was doing that made me feel like I was still "in the game". As well, there is something valuable in making yourself accountable, even if you really really don't feel like it. Sometimes I even found that I wasn't as bad off as I had imagined, and I would not have discovered that had I not been logging my food. Anyway, hang in there, and remember that this too shall pass!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Try to think about what motivates you in general. For me, it was putting together a "support group" of close women friends who kept me accountable. I didn't want to let them down. ALSO once I had lost some weight and folks starting complimenting me, that really stoked me! I put a picture of myself on my bathroom mirror (heavy and not looking so good) as a means for me to see what I was trying to change every day. It is different for everyone, so try and see what works for you!
  • cayey1479
    cayey1479 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello from Lancaster PA
  • nicorae_24
    Options
    I always look at old pictures of myself when i was the weight that I want to be now and also at pictures of friends of mine that look great and jealousy usually takes over and I convince myself to put down the snack and go to the gym. It is very hard to stay motivated for me too but that's what works the best
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    As someone stated, reading motivational stories really helps!! It puts things into perspective! Everyone has days like these, but you have to remember your goal and keep pushing forward. Find friends who can be supportive, including people from THIS site. Just like it takes a village to raise kids, it takes a village (or support system) to keep you on track! We are all here for the same reason. You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • seasha86
    seasha86 Posts: 38
    Options
    :happy: Thank you all for all of your advice! Feel free to add me as a friend!