Help with high protien

Options
Hi all,

I am trying to increase protien and lower carbs. 40%protien, 40%carbs and 20%fat are my current macros however i am never anywhere near my protien% but if i can get a bit closer then i will try and lower carbs more. I don't really want to follow atkins because its too high fat for me. I feel like all i can have to bulk protien % is shakes, chicken, turkey, fish and quorn. Does anyone have any other low cal, low carb high protien options that i have not thought of???

Replies

• alexandraleaden
    Options
    I'm sneaky with greek yogurt, eggs, and fish.

But I have really fallen in love with the game of sneaking in either vanilla, chocolate, or unflavored whey protein into ALL of my meals in one way or another, yes it can be done.

I own all three "flavors" and it has really helped me lose the weight because I'm so full!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    My diary should be open if you want some ideas. Today was a pretty high protein day.
  • ThorATK
    ThorATK Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Aleaden's suggestion is pretty much the simplest, cheapest and meets your requirements
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars are usually 160 - 170 in calories and around 20 grams of protein. I actually love tilapia and swai fish and of course they have a lot of protein. Greek yogurt is good and you can get a lite version of it if you prefer. Almonds are also good.
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    yogurt
    cheese
    milk
    tuna